Speculation: Wouldn't be surprised if Habs trade Price in next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Matthews is out for Toronto and have missed last 3 games. I can't believe there isn't a trade rumor on Price for Matthews ;)

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Never saw so much speculations around a player...

Have to wonder, in some way, if some of them are true..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Don't give em a click. Don't share their website. Let's not support these bs site.

It's the first time ever that I actually posted a link to their site -- and it was merely to show how absurd they are.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
It's the first time ever that I actually posted a link to their site -- and it was merely to show how absurd they are.

I know, but people will click on the link, which is the opposite of what should happen.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
So it takes someone to start shit like this to actually make it work
After the media, they start brainwashing the fans, the GM comes out a la Subban and says I'm not shopping him or he will never be traded and all of a sudden 2 days later he is traded!!!!!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He wouldn't be surprised if the face of a franchise, who has a full NMC and carries a cap hit of 10.5 mil the next 8 seasons will be moved in the middle of a season while he's injured?

Can't say I agree.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Just curious...would people be as angry as the Subban trade or has Price's recent play, staggering salary and the fact that an average goalie could an adequate job for much less make a trade palatable?

To me it would signal a monumental shift in philosophy, and maybe that a rebuild is on the horizon. Honestly this is what the club needs.

I like Price, but I hate his contract. He's definitely not worth the contract.

Trading Subban was shear idiocy, trading Price would actually be a step in the right direction.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Just curious...would people be as angry as the Subban trade or has Price's recent play, staggering salary and the fact that an average goalie could an adequate job for much less make a trade palatable?

Trading Subban shattered many peoples' faith in management. Trading Price isn't going to re-shatter it. It would be seen as more of a recognition from management that their performance has been sub-par.

Price wont be traded any time soon though.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
Such ridiculous speculation. Hes not getting traded and even if MB wanted to, when Price signed his big deal he had the last year of his current contract M-NTC adjusted to a full NMC. He wont be traded especially with a young child.
Think before you speak Flynn

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i hate engaging in rumour mongering but heard from long term season-ticket holder who knows staff, and has been around team for a long time AND is a credible source - and it's not injury related with Price. I personally don't believe it, but I guess we'll see

Last edited:

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
we all hear the rumors. He is either turning into an injury prone 10.5m/year porcelain goaltender or a 10.5m/year drama queen. Its hard to see a happy future for him here so of course speculations will start.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Such ridiculous speculation. Hes not getting traded and even if MB wanted to, when Price signed his big deal he had the last year of his current contract M-NTC adjusted to a full NMC. He wont be traded especially with a young child.
Think before you speak Flynn
I believe he has a list of 15 (?) teams that he'd waive for. Its not a full NMC where he will retire a Hab. If he needs a change of scenery a trade might be good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->