Speculation: Wouldn't be surprised if Habs trade Price in next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
just an opinion...not insider info here, i listened to it yesterday live. Pure speculation by Flynn.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
What the hell? :D Sign him to the most expensive contract for a goalie in league history and trade him before it kicks in. Makes sense. :huh:

I'm totally for trading Price to make this team better, but again it proves the poor judgements of this GM yet again

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Typical local media trying to fulfill it's own prophecy. Of course, it won't stop them from bitching when the pressure gets impossible to handle and the team actually does it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I heard Flynn say it and didn't get the impression that he had insider knowledge, he was merely speculating.

"After seeing all this, I wouldn't be surprised, and I'm not saying this is going to happen now, I wouldn't be surprised if in a week, you would hear that he's traded."

Question is, if he's saying that he's not necessarily predicting it, why the definite timeline? Kind of odd.

Last edited:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

He's saying to the media, he's not hurt. Why would he say he was hurt if he's not hurt!?

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Just curious...would people be as angry as the Subban trade or has Price's recent play, staggering salary and the fact that an average goalie could an adequate job for much less make a trade palatable?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn say something irrelevant, "soon".

Yep, I love safe bet, sue me.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Just curious...would people be as angry as the Subban trade or has Price's recent play, staggering salary and the fact that an average goalie could an adequate job for much less make a trade palatable?

Pretty sure the contract being gone relieve more fans then anything, regardless of his gameplay. Subbans contract kicked in when he was a lot younger and he wasn’t a goalie making over $10 million.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So this trade rumor is going to be foiled, if I'm reading this thread correctly.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
First of all they cannot trade Price he has a full NMC,only way he is traded if he agrees and you have to trade him to the exact team he wants to go to.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
NMCs are basically irrelevant. If management wants to trade him they'll find a way.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

This quote is taken of context. He was asked what the deal is with Price's injury. He prefaced his response by saying he really does not have any insider info when it comes to the Habs, all he does is report and analyze the hockey on the ice. He then gave his opinion that he wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to trade him and not playing him for fear of him getting injured while a trade is worked out.

I would be very surprised. MB said this summer Price isn't going anywhere.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Typical local media trying to fulfill it's own prophecy. Of course, it won't stop them from *****ing when the pressure gets impossible to handle and the team actually does it.
They did it to Theodore after he signed his, at the time, big contract. Theodore starting to slump and they as well as the fans started on him.

I was to young to experience the Roy fiasco though I do remember it. And my dad being mad about the French media and circus that follows and pressures this team. According to him, again I was young when it happened, his words everything started going south for Montreal when the Nordiques left. The French Politics got turned up on Montreal.

I would love to see this team operated on similar terms to other teams in the league. Lets try to land the best guy for the job. Gillette and Gainey in hindsight seemed to really have things going in the right direction until the NHL reneged on going speedy post lockout. He went skill and speed with Gomez, Gionta and Cammy to some great success as witnessed by a ECF appearance.

Alas the NHL allowed the game to get trapped up and didn't penalize the pick play nor interference with the same consistency and no tolerance they did in the first two years post lockout.

Now Montreal has a guy in charge who thinks adding big slow dmen and no depth down the middle will win games as long as we play garbage trap-like hockey with a supposed best goalie in the game in net.

Gainey was 10 yrs ahead it seems and Bergevin is 10 years behind

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Price is never leaving Montreal. This is just people trying to be relevant by starting ridiculous rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad