Would you trade our entire roster for VGKs?

Would you swap rosters?

• Total voters

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I was listening to WGR yesterday and they posed this question which I thought was pretty interesting. You can take it to mean whatever you want (with or without Dahlin). My initial reaction would be yes, you’d be crazy not to trade the 31st placed team for a team that just made it to the Cup final. If you add Dahlin, that’s tough. On paper, we could have sustained success down the road - but who knows? You’d also have to consider if VGK is just a flash in the pan. A lot of their talent is young, and they have ton of cap flexibility going forward.

Thoughts?

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
No. We should have a better and younger core than Vegas and it was probably a flash in the pan. Wingers and goalie is our weakest position, wingers are supposedly the easiest position to fix and goalie is only one person and they're the flakiest players (point in case Fleury himself being considered a playoff choker before this year). I'd have a hard time trading ROR, Eichel, Dahlin, Mittelstadt, and maybe even Risto with anyone on their roster 1 for 1.

William Karlsson is either one of the best snipers in the league possibly ever and nobody knew it or hes having one flukey season, which is more likely? (23.4%) while putting up 184 shots. The last player to top that 23.4%+ while having 184+ shots was Cam Neely in 1993. A lot of players were doing it back then so I question goaltending :laugh:. No way he duplicates it next year.

What this team needs is to cut the useless fat away and create an identity. Botts said we need to get faster on the wing...so do it. Because right now we're a slow team with no goal scoring or toughness to make up for our lack of speed.

Reactions: Sabres

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
As a Vegas fan, I would say you'd be shortsighted if you consider Vegas's near term future brighter than Buffalo's. Buffalo will be one of the top teams in the league for a multi-year run in the next 2-3 years. I don't think Vegas will be a better team than Buffalo next season. Or Arizona for that matter. It all depends on Vegas's UFA season and how well both the Sabres and the Coyotes feed their end-of-season momentum into next season.

Reactions: jBuds

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
It's tempting but we've invested too much in the Beaulieu project to give up now. He's due to explode and I want to see it live, not from a replay of a Vegas game. This is the kind of event you're lucky to see once in a lifetime.

upload_2018-5-22_16-43-30.jpeg

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
If Dahlin is who we think he is, I’d be hard pressed to think of many teams that didn’t have a lot of playoff success with a Norris candidate defender and a top ten Center in the league.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
It has been a magical season for Vegas however their long-term outlook isn't as high as the potential for the Sabres even without Dahlin in the equation since he isn't on the roster.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Nah.

While there isn't much sense or logic behind it... I'd rather see this long grueling losing process out, then to just scrap the last 5-10 years of "suffering" and magically fast track it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad