Would you trade Kessel for Patrice Bergeron straight up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

And skating ability too. As I've already touched on. Rielly is fast. Not a glider. He's agile and can get it to 5th gear.

just because jake has a effortless skating style, u call him a glider

bergeron, good player yes, one to give up our future stars, no way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I know there are varying levels.

One of the posters said that we have to trade one of Gardiner or Rielly because they are soft. To that I'd say...Komisarek is a tough SOB but he sucks, Schenn is a tough D but his skating is terrible and fast smooth skaters like Kessel, Rielly and Gardiner could run circles around him.

A) Rielly isn't soft, he just isn't a hitter or an intimidator but he fights for the puck.
B) Gardiner is soft but has anyone seen the moves this guy can pull off against NHL defenses? He's easily the best player for the Marlies right now. He's going to run the PP this year if the lockout ends.

Chara is Chara...he's a bit of everything. Great offense, amazing D and intimidation factor.

Shea Weber's "toughness" gets overrated. Nobody is particularly scared of playing against the guy, he's a great D, that has a booming accurate shot and plays decent D. He's a smarter version of Dion Phaneuf.

If he can put up ~80 points right now, there is no telling what he can do in the future. I think he's staying near PPG pace for a few years.

Zetterberg disagrees :laugh:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Put Bergeron in Toronto and take out Phil the past few seasons and he is also a deep minus player.
----------------
MOD:
funny-animal-captions-animal-capshunz-you-have-offended-me-sir.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Put Bergeron in Toronto and take out Phil the past few seasons and he is also a deep minus player.
----------------

How come Lupul, Kessel's own linemate was a +1 and Kulemin, Grabovski & MacArthur are + players on the same Leafs team while Kessel is a -10?

When you have a large negative player like Kessel that is on the ice for MORE goals against than FOR, your team suffers in the Win/Loss column no matter how many goals that player scores himself.

If Bergeron was centering Lupul a + player even with the poor defensive Kessel, than I don't see how Bergeron wouldn't be a + player as well. Never mind the benefit of making the 28th ranked PK a lot better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->