Would you trade Filpulla for Pavelski straight up?

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
We are robbing the Sharks, if Holland manage to get this deal I'd say every Wings fan in the world should donate 100 dollars to him.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Similar players, one's got 2 years left, one's got 1 year left. I'd make the deal. Pavelski shoots righty too, which is something the Wings are missing up front. Particularly on the power play.

As it stands, Flip might never play another game for the Wings. Theoretically they could turn around and re-sign him anyway.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Similar players, one's got 2 years left, one's got 1 year left. I'd make the deal. Pavelski shoots righty too, which is something the Wings are missing up front. Particularly on the power play.

As it stands, Flip might never play another game for the Wings. Theoretically they could turn around and re-sign him anyway.

Only after last season. Pavelski has been doing what flip did last season for a longer period of time. He gets more time on the PK and more on the PP. More time on ES too for that matter, scores about the same but Pavelski generally face better opponents.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Yes, and I wouldn't think twice. We should have moved Fil this offseason while his stock was at his all time high. I can't see him repeating or building on last year's numbers. I just... can't. I would be ecstatic if he could, but I have doubts.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Yes, and I wouldn't think twice. We should have moved Fil this offseason while his stock was at his all time high. I can't see him repeating or building on last year's numbers. I just... can't. I would be ecstatic if he could, but I have doubts.

He can never have another career-best season unless he is reunited with Jiri Hudler.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm sure we can get Jonathan Cheechoo for a much better deal than Joe Pavelski. Remember him? He was the hot stuff back when he was on Joe Thornton's line. :laugh:

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
What about somone better? Nothing against Jiri, but I felt like Z and Flip made that line more than him. I think a Hudler - Zetterberg - Pavelski line would be succesful.

Do I need to include the :sarcasm: every time?

Also, I agree, Hudler/Z/Pavelski would make an awesome line. Too bad only one of those players is a Red Wing.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
I'm sure we can get Jonathan Cheechoo for a much better deal than Joe Pavelski. Remember him? He was the hot stuff back when he was on Joe Thornton's line. :laugh:

Until his injury. He played on Thorntons line the season after that too then his career got derailed by injuries. Nothing to laugh at. Class act and more players should have his heart and work ethic, then maybe NHL would be as great as it once were.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Until his injury. He played on Thorntons line the season after that too then his career got derailed by injuries. Nothing to laugh at. Class act and more players should have his heart and work ethic, then maybe NHL would be as great as it once were.

The larger point is that Joe Thornton ain't coming over with him. And in both cases (Cheechoo, Pavelski) Thornton is the straw that stirs the drink.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
The larger point is that Joe Thornton ain't coming over with him. And in both cases (Cheechoo, Pavelski) Thornton is the straw that stirs the drink.

Unless things changed last season, Pavelski hasnt spent much time with Thornton. The first year they beat Detroit out he was centering the third line and still producing without Thornton.

RedWingsNow*

I seem to remember Pavelski's line killing us while we shut down down Thornton

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Unless things changed last season, Pavelski hasnt spent much time with Thornton. The first year they beat Detroit out he was centering the third line and still producing without Thornton.

JOE THORNTON JOE PAVELSKI PATRICK MARLEAU 13.59%
LOGAN COUTURE JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 5.07%
ANDREW DESJARDINS JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 2.01%
JOE THORNTON JOE PAVELSKI TORREY MITCHELL 1.48%
BENN FERRIERO JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 1.12%
TOMMY WINGELS JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 0.92%
BRAD WINCHESTER JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 0.82%

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-co...eam=SJ&strength=EV&playertype=F&gametype=ALL#

He played mostly with Thornton. Cus Jumbo likes to play with RHs.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
JOE THORNTON JOE PAVELSKI PATRICK MARLEAU 13.59%
LOGAN COUTURE JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 5.07%
ANDREW DESJARDINS JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 2.01%
JOE THORNTON JOE PAVELSKI TORREY MITCHELL 1.48%
BENN FERRIERO JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 1.12%
TOMMY WINGELS JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 0.92%
BRAD WINCHESTER JOE PAVELSKI JOE THORNTON 0.82%

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-co...eam=SJ&strength=EV&playertype=F&gametype=ALL#

He played mostly with Thornton. Cus Jumbo likes to play with RHs.

Last season he played alot with Thornton but the season before that he played mostly with Wellwood and Mitchell. He was the first choice for PKing too iirc.

now compare Pavelski who gets ~60 points with marginal players and Flip who only doe sit once and with Z and Hudler.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Call me crazy, but id add tatar. And it would make sense for both teams.

We all know that we have a log jam of forwards, Tatar might not ever get a shot, I think we should get something while we know we can. San Jose's forward prospects aren't the greatest, they could benefit from adding tatar, who could jump to the nhl very soon (if not now) .

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Pavelski
Franzen/Bert-Zetterberg-Brunner
Cleary-Helm-Bert/Franzen

Aug 6, 2012

We all know that we have a log jam of forwards, Tatar might not ever get a shot, I think we should get something while we know we can. San Jose's forward prospects aren't the greatest, they could benefit from adding tatar, who could jump to the nhl very soon (if not now) .

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Pavelski
Cleary-Helm-Bert/Franzen

Crazy:sarcasm:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Pavelski
Cleary-Helm-Bert/Franzen

Pavelski isn't that much better than Fil to justify losing Tatar, maybe they could throw in Tatar, Kindl, and a mix of picks and one of our surplus of bottom sixers to swing a deal for Pavelski and a d-man. Maybe Burns or Boyle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->