Would You Take Hoffman For Free?

Would You Take Hoffman For Free?

• Total voters

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
As much as I respect others for having differing opinions, anyone voting "No" is a moron.

Brian Burke said on the radio that he doesn't see Hoffman's trade value taking too much of a hit, and also saying fighting between players and players' spouses is way more common than we think. It just usually stays a private matter, so we don't know about it.

And why is anyone pointing to his cap hit like it's not an asset? He hovers around 60 points and has been close to 30 goals 3/4 seasons in his career, on a pretty defensive/low offence team that's had no #1C. On an open market, he's making a lot more than his current cap hit is.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
As much as I respect others for having differing opinions, anyone voting "No" is a moron.

Brian Burke said on the radio that he doesn't see Hoffman's trade value taking too much of a hit, and also saying fighting between players and players' spouses is way more common than we think. It just usually stays a private matter, so we don't know about it.

And why is anyone pointing to his cap hit like it's not an asset? He hovers around 60 points and has been close to 30 goals 3/4 seasons in his career, on a pretty defensive/low offence team that's had no #1C. On an open market, he's making a lot more than his current cap hit is.

I think people on this board, as well as a lot of fans around the hockey world, are obsessed with this idea of character, and having a "winning locker room". While I do think there's something to that, I think it's overblown and believe that a lot of people have an incorrect perception of what is going on in an NHL locker room or who these players actually are. People often place way too much importance on such a thing, to the extent of passing on players (a free first line winger for gods sake!!!) in threads like this because they don't meet this make believe standard of what they think a player should be off the ice.

As an aside, I think people often use this idea as an opportunity to lazily (and usually incorrectly) talk crap about a player or team. It contributes to the toxicity of this forum, especially in the trade/rumors threads.

Last edited:

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
How about yes, I'll take him for free and flip him for picks/prospects.

Johno

Assembling a Nordic powerhouse
Oct 30, 2013
This s*** is getting ridiculous. There's about the same amount of factual evidence for Caryk's innocence as there's for her being guilty. And no, a piece of paper filed by Melinda is not that. The peace bond was not yet granted, nor was it served. So that shaky shadow of "evidence" is moot. As long as there is no factual grounds for Caryk being guilty, no sane person expects Hoffman to break-up his 10-year relationship for rumors. He is definitely expected to stand by his SO, since no concrete claims are yet presented. No one on this board has the info to claim otherwise, or any reason to point one way or another.

Bunch of you act like Hoffman is a locker room cancer, yet the guy has done nothing. He isn't in control or responsible for his SO either, in case the claims turn out to be true (unless proven that he had knowledge and was an accomplice/ignored it). For now, he is defending Caryk, who he believes/thinks is innocent (no facts point to the contrary).

So to think he has no value whatsoever is very sanctimonious.

Last edited by a moderator:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Absolutely nothing worst than a cancer in the dressing room. Keep Hoffman and his wife away from us.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017

Guess most GMs are morons too because Hoffman just went for nothing

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
No. I'd rather not feel awkward about supporting players on my team. Even if it means an extra win or two in a given season.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
2 GM's have now demonstrated that anyone who answered NO is an idiot.
I would definitely acquire him for free and then quickly flip him for quick profit, like what Doug Wilson did. But I don't think that was in the spirit of the question.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I'm happy we got him for a 2nd, 4th and 5th!

So hell yes!

Florida got the best of the three. 28yo, ~60pts, hovers around 30 goals and has a good contract.

Can score using deadly wrist shots, one-timers or slapshots. Effective on the point for the PP. Sometimes a little lazy/unmotivated, but also solid defensively and was relied upon in a shutdown role for parts of the 2016-17 season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->