Would you swap all of your team's players/prospects/draft picks with Vegas?

Would you swap all of your team's players/prospects/draft picks with Vegas?

• Total voters

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Simple question: if you could, would you swap all of your favorite team's players, prospects, and upcoming draft picks with all of the same held by Vegas? Feel free to explain why your favorite team would or would not.

Factors that are included:
- This is purely players, prospects, and future draft picks.
- Current contract status of Vegas' and your team's players is a factor in making your decision.

Factors that are not included:
- You don't trade for Vegas' playoff success this season.
- Arena
- Fans, location
- Owner
- Coach, GM, other non player staff, etc.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I think they come back down to earth next year. Dont see them making the playoffs

But we all know how smart our predictions were before the season for Vegas so who knows....

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
after this years success they are going to reward 5 players this off season with some 6 -7 year contracts. and they are going to find out they Do not have manic in the bottle, but just some ordinary crackers........ or majic has left the building.

Long term contracts to

Karlson
Neal
Miller
Schmidt
Theodore

maybe Perron

after these contracts They will tighter to the Cap.

I do like their first 4 picks in the 2017 draft ...... 2 centers and 2 LD.....( whole team is heavy on the LD side and short on the Right side Engloom).

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
No, as good as they've been how likely is it that they continue at the same sort of success rate? Karlsson, Marchessault, Smith, Haula, Perron, Miller & Schmidt with career years (on high OIsh%'s), amazing performance by a patchwork of goalies for the first half of the year and all after McPhee taking futures prior to the expansion draft to not select guys that their current teams couldn't protect and wanted to keep, which should have weakened his team considerably

It's a hell of a cinderella story, all of those circumstances actually make the story better, but it's also not a good bet that they'll repeat it.

I do like their farm, but not as much as I liked the Leafs' farm at it's peak so I'd prefer to keep the Leafs roster that's just all those guys who have graduated

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
No, as good as they've been how likely is it that they continue at the same sort of success rate? Karlsson, Marchessault, Smith, Haula, Perron, Miller & Schmidt with career years (on high OIsh%'s), amazing performance by a patchwork of goalies for the first half of the year and all after McPhee taking futures prior to the expansion draft to not select guys that their current teams couldn't protect and wanted to keep, which should have weakened his team considerably

It's a hell of a cinderella story, all of those circumstances actually make the story better, but it's also not a good bet that they'll repeat it.

I do like their farm, but not as much as I liked the Leafs' farm at it's peak so I'd prefer to keep the Leafs roster that's just all those guys who have graduated

A major factor for their success has been chemistry. On paper, I like Matthews more than Karlsson going forward and would rather have Marner than Marchessault (although March is damn good) and Nylander than Smith, but Vegas' first line is arguably the best in the NHL; and I don't see the chemistry suddenly disappearing next year.

I think Vegas' defense may legitimately be better than TOR's in the near future, especially if Gardiner is moved following his game seven showing.

There are worse teams to swap with.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I’d take Scheifele, Laine, Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler, Trouba and Hellebuyck over any and all of there players moving forward...

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
A major factor for their success has been chemistry. On paper, I like Matthews more than Karlsson going forward and would rather have Marner than Marchessault (although March is damn good) and Nylander than Smith, but Vegas' first line is arguably the best in the NHL; and I don't see the chemistry suddenly disappearing next year.

I think Vegas' defense may legitimately be better than TOR's in the near future, especially if Gardiner is moved following his game seven showing.

I think "chemistry" is a very vague concept, and doesn't make a whole lot of sense as the explanation for why a bunch of guys who were thrown together played so well in their 1st year amid all having to relocate and re-establish their lives

Smith, Marchessault and especially Karlsson's underlying numbers (OIsh% for all, Shooting% for Smith & Karlsson) say that they're extremely unlikely to have as many pucks go in the net with the same level of play next year. For context, Karlsson had the highest shooting % of any player with 80+games played since 1993/94. He was really more of a 60pt player this year that got very lucky...which is still a terrific get for Vegas don't get me wrong, but it's just not likely to happen again

I contrasted Nylander's rookie season with Karlsson's current season in another thread - they had similar Corsi, Fenwick and relatives, but Nylander was very unlucky in his OIsh%. If he had Karlsson's Shooting% and OIsh% he would have had 48 goals and 103pts if all other variables were held constant.

So I think you're overrating these guys, which is understandable in this situation but I like to bet on returns to the mean

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Yeah losing the series 4-1 is definitely "luck"

Why don't you just own up and admit your star players got spanked.

You clearly ignored the first thing I said... The Jets where dead tired after a 7 game series with the Presidents trophy winners, many young good players went on scoring droughts all through the playoffs, in no games there was more than a 2 goal lead, Fleury was playing unstoppable(this is mostly what I was referring to as luck because when he’s off his game he’s bad but when he’s on it he’s recently shown he’s the best in the world, in the past he has been decent but I think the Knights are a little lucky this guy is so on his game) and the Jets hadn’t lost 4 games in a row all season. I’m not saying it’s all luck, the Jets clearly got outplayed game to game and the better team of today won but I think that mostly has to do with the way there where coach but again every series has a little bit of luck in it.

Anyways if you think a majority of the league is voting no towards sapping players and a Jets fan shouldn’t because they lost one series(considering they have one of the best in paper rosters in the league) than your not in the right thinking.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
You clearly ignored the first thing I said... The Jets where dead tired after a 7 game series with the Presidents trophy winners, many young good players went on scoring droughts all through the playoffs, in no games there was more than a 2 goal lead, Fleury was playing unstoppable(this is mostly what I was referring to as luck because when he’s off his game he’s bad but when he’s on it he’s recently shown he’s the best in the world, in the past he has been decent but I think the Knights are a little lucky this guy is so on his game) and the Jets hadn’t lost 4 games in a row all season. I’m not saying it’s all luck, the Jets clearly got outplayed game to game and the better team of today won but I think that mostly has to do with the way there where coach but again every series has a little bit of luck in it.

Anyways if you think a majority of the league is voting no towards sapping players and a Jets fan shouldn’t because they lost one series(considering they have one of the best in paper rosters in the league) than your not in the right thinking.
I just don't consider a high-end goalie playing well "luck". Yes there is some luck in all games, but that would come more into play in a 7 game series.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
I just don't consider a high-end goalie playing well "luck". Yes there is some luck in all games, but that would come more into play in a 7 game series.

Again I never said it was all luck again I said it was mostly excellent coaching and a goalie that’s more than on his game. I mean there where pleantly of high qaulity chances for the Jets that they didn’t sink in the back of the net with, many players who didn’t play as effective as they did in the regular season and they got a tired team... Moving on I never said once that Vegas didn’t deserve to win or was entirely lucky, I said they had out coached the Jets...

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Uh yeah Vegas's D is way better than Torontos lol. Its one of the best in the NHL, Nate Schmidt is a star its not a fluke he is Duncan Keith 2.0 in terms of style of a two way D man. Theodore and Miller are also both outstanding rounded out with McCabe and Engelland.

Toronto has a very good up and coming roster so I wouldnt blame leaf fans for not wanting to switch teams however its hilarious how few votes Vegas has right now. They have a much better roster than most teams in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->