Would you like some bacon with your scrambled lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Well, that's annoying - all I do is change my goaltender, and the sim scrambles all my lines, resulting in a bizarre Kozlov line that is responsible for an atrocious 4 goals against in a 4-2 loss to Buffalo. :madfire:

Not your fault, Drew, but a word of advice to other GMs - check your lines regularly to ensure the sim hasn't scrambled them. Nothing much you can do about a single game, but at least you can (hopefully) limit the bleeding.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Ohio Jones said:
Well, that's annoying - all I do is change my goaltender, and the sim scrambles all my lines, resulting in a bizarre Kozlov line that is responsible for an atrocious 4 goals against in a 4-2 loss to Buffalo. :madfire:

Not your fault, Drew, but a word of advice to other GMs - check your lines regularly to ensure the sim hasn't scrambled them. Nothing much you can do about a single game, but at least you can (hopefully) limit the bleeding.

Someone should tell Pat Quinn that.... Domi and Belak on the same line? yikes.

HFNHL Red Wings

Lines getting scrambled by the sim does occassionally occur and it's usually b/c I missed an injury or recovery to a single team that was not addressed by the GM. It generally impacts multiple teams when it occurs and I get a barrage of e-mails.
Despite claims to the contrary there has only been one confirmed case of this this season.

The challenge with the version of the sim we're using this year is that it does not give me the same fatal 'invalid lines' error that I used to get (and would subsequently notify the GM). I have caught some cases where a team has sumitted lines with only 19 players dressed already or where they submitted lines that had an injured player dressed, etc. Don't get me wrong, there are some scenarios where I do still get that error but not nearly as frequently.

I suspect this is what happened with your lines Douglas. Looking at a few rosters I am somewhat familiar with I don't see evidence of other lines being scrambled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
No worries Drew: as I said, no fault of yours. I do hope GMs take extra care to submit complete and accurate lines, to help us avoid these sorts of errors, but such is life.

Still, I'm interested to know what the result would have been with proper lines in place. :dunno: Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad