HF Habs: Would you be pissed if Marc Bergevin's summer consisted of...

Marksman

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
Terrible.

That may be the smallest lineup ever put together in the NHL.

That being said, I really don't expect much from MB.

But... replacing DD with Hudler would make the team bigger?

It would be hard to get excited with moves like that. But it always takes two to play, with Price back Habs are respectable team again, but still not prefered destination.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
But... replacing DD with Hudler would make the team bigger?

It would be hard to get excited with moves like that. But it always takes two to play, with Price back Habs are respectable team again, but still not prefered destination.

It doesn't really matter, Hudler is less physical than Desharnais. I'd only bring Hudler in if I had a trade for Eller on the table and it would be to play center not wing. We need shooters and/or physical players on the wings not more of the same mold. We enough have soft passers already

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i know it's ****ed up but i've come to expect nothing from this guy. after he watched team burn last year and did sweet **** all..it was a nut punch and i have 0 faith

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
After deciding to keep Therrien despite his utter failure as a coach and leader of men, Bergevin has no choice but to make this team coach proof.

This offseason suggested by the OP does not make this team coach proof.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Despite how anybody would feel about it, if that was MB's summer, it would be a complete failure.

Getting rid of DD would be sweet, but it would not be enough to cover up adding even more bargain bin middle six tweeners in the late stages of their careers. Those aren't solidified top 6 guys anymore. Bergevin needs to stop cutting corners and seriously add to this team's core.

If that's all Bergevin can muster up in the most important offseason of his career, it would be time to move on to someone who can get the job done.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Definitely angry, pissed, fuming.
Enough of the good enough and mediocre crap.
Pull the damn trigger, pay the damn price and get a worthwhile player.
Stepniak, Vrbata, Hudler are not that.
Okposo, Boedker, Stamkos, Ladd,... These are what we need.

Mad Brills*

Getting rid of DD isn't enough for me.

Add a lock of a top 6 player

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Hudlr is a top 6 winger; Stempniak not so much. Getting a top 6 winger, 3rd line winger, and getting rid of DD is more than he's done in the past 4 summers combined... So I'd be content. He'd need to add better quality top 6 winger at the deadline though.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Definitely angry, pissed, fuming.
Enough of the good enough and mediocre crap.
Pull the damn trigger, pay the damn price and get a worthwhile player.
Stepniak, Vrbata, Hudler are not that.
Okposo, Boedker, Stamkos, Ladd,... These are what we need.

Ladd is the opposite of what we need. Overrated, will be overpaid.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Despite how anybody would feel about it, if that was MB's summer, it would be a complete failure.

Getting rid of DD would be sweet, but it would not be enough to cover up adding even more bargain bin middle six tweeners in the late stages of their careers. Those aren't solidified top 6 guys anymore. Bergevin needs to stop cutting corners and seriously add to this team's core.

If that's all Bergevin can muster up in the most important offseason of his career, it would be time to move on to someone who can get the job done.
As I've previously said, yeah they're not sexy names like KO or Stamkos but they're better than the crap we've added in the last few years (PAP, Semin, etc.)

We have two legit first liners in Pacioretty & Galchenyuk. One tweener in Gallagher. One second liner in Plekanec and Hudler would be another one.

I think one approach to have is to add the production of your six best forwards and compare it to the rest of the league. With Hudler & Stempniak, we'd have 311 pts out of our top six (and Gally missed some games in there too). In comparison: 352 (CHI), 340 (BOS), 294 (NYI), 294 (NYR), 325 (PIT), 292 (ANA).

Then if we add Bergevin's approach regarding our bottom six (guys who can contribute a dozen goals a piece), it can translate in us being above average offensively while being strong on defense and in net.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Getting rid of DD is almost as good as acquiring Okposo. The fact that plug wouldn't get 15-17 mins a night, including copious amounts of PP time, would be a HUGE benefit.
Someone else is being those minutes if DD leaves.

Byron, probably.

Desharnais is better than the alternatives with this coach.

Therrien needs to go. Then start replacing players.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Someone else is being those minutes if DD leaves.

Byron, probably.

Desharnais is better than the alternatives with this coach.

Therrien needs to go. Then start replacing players.

I would think it's the other centres, Chuck, Plex and Eller. Instead of having DD take every offensive zone draw and start every PP. Byron is a winger.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Seen something similar today.

1- Get rid of DD
2- Sign Brouwer

Long shot from being perfect or enough but that would still be a good step forward. Doable.
Would probably still have around $5M to improve from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->