Would the league accept the rumored deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Dude

They shouldn't accept it. They should make the NHLPA take the final one they offered tuesday night or whenever they did it.

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
rockon83 said:
$42 million cap x 30 teams = $1,260 million / 700 players = $1.8M avg. salary.

Aren't we currently at $1.8M avg salary and teams are losing money? Wasn't the goal $1.3M avg salary, requiring a cap at $30M???

If the cap is $42M aren't we going to see teams disappear? Didn't the Canadians come out and say they couldnt survive at a cap of $42M? How on earth could the smaller markets survive?

not every team is gonna reach 42 million tho, probably 8 teams would at the most.

Mountain Dude

rockon83 said:

Aren't we currently at $1.8M avg salary and teams are losing money? Wasn't the goal $1.3M avg salary, requiring a cap at $30M???

If the cap is $42M aren't we going to see teams disappear? Didn't the Canadians come out and say they couldnt survive at a cap of $42M? How on earth could the smaller markets survive?

Isn't it 750 players? :dunno:

Thats just what I thought.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
rockon83 said:

For about the 8,745,091,162nd time, every team is not going to spend 42 million. You think Minnesota or Nashville is going to come out and spend $42 million next year(I use those 2 teams as they were 2 of the bottom 5 spenders last year).

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Chaos said:
For about the 8,745,091,162nd time, every team is not going to spend 42 million. You think Minnesota or Nashville is going to come out and spend $42 million next year(I use those 2 teams as they were 2 of the bottom 5 spenders last year).
Id bet some teams do dramatically increase the payroll.

$42m cant compete with the Flyers or Wings at $60-$70m but it can when they can only spend $42m. If the gamble works then a cup could be won and hockey could really take off and massively increase revenues that would easily supprt a $42m wage bill.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Seems to me the question should be "Will the PA accept the deal"?

As others have said, it's the other stuff, not the main number that needs to be changed. Will the PA accept the NHL's framework, with a different number?

Hard to say. My gut says no.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
PecaFan said:
Seems to me the question should be "Will the PA accept the deal"?

As others have said, it's the other stuff, not the main number that needs to be changed. Will the PA accept the NHL's framework, with a different number?

Hard to say. My gut says no.

I agree. Bettman would be foolish to sign a deal with clauses authored by Goodenow.

Also, the team most in trouble with this year's cap would be NJ because of the Niedermayer arbitration award. Its hard to believe that they are near the top of the list.

Pre-rollback:
Brodeur 6.9mil
Elias 5.5mil
Madden 4.6mil
Niedermayer 7mil
Rafalski 3.1mil
Friesen 3mil
Stevens 6.9mil
6 players (>2mil) 14.1mil
5 players (>1mil) 6mil
4 players (<1mil) 2.5mil
2 unsigned

This equals 44.7 mil without the two unsigned players after rollback and without benefits included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->