Speculation: Would the Leafs consider trading Freddy?

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
should Leafs consider trading Matthews?? our fanbase man...how about we get some defenders that can actually defend instead of trading a top 10 goalie in the league..

Reactions: Superstar

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah...its not that hard to forget considering he was god awful in 4 games this series. I'm not on the trade Freddy bandwagon whatsoever he's been great all season but don't heap praise on two games of a series where he was not good enough and act like they mean something now. I fully believe he has the ability to be better when our defense improves but this man deserves criticism and people defending him with nonsense like this:huh: He was not good enough period. If you're okay with his performance this series I recommend you take another look at the goal that ended our season.
I don't think he was good enough, but I also don't think we need to trade him. He's clearly capable of being a top goaltender in the league, which was my point.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
It's like people forgot the 2-3 months this team couldn't score and Freddie kept the team alive.

He had a bad game. But he is our goalie and that is not changing. So get used to it.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Freddie and Auston seem to be pretty tight. I'm starting to think they both might have issues with Babcock. Could be a interesting summer. I'm sure they'll all co-exist but things need to get straight.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
There is no need to trade Andersen.
The support staff needs to be changed.
We need to achieve team synchronization. 4 lines, 3 D pair, all rolling and supporting each other in the trend of todays NHL. Speed, 2 way play and versatile.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Why would the leafs trade a solid number one goalie when they finally got one?

Andersen was the number one reason leafs even got to the playoffs in the first place.

What a dumb ass question. Thats why you are sitting at home eating chicken wings, while others, who understands Hockey are GMs. I cant get over the stupidy in the leafs hfboards, jesus christ.

For a solid number 1 goalie, Andersen has more holes in him than Swiss cheese! For a BIG GUY, at times, he doesn't cover much of the net!

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
In the ever evolving salary cap world of buy low and sell high would the Leafs listen to offers for Anderson?
Don't get me wrong, I love Freddy and value his abilities. And I would consider him a sell high. That is the reason I would listen to offers for him.
Off all positions i think the Leafs are super deep between the pipes.
We have a solid back-up in Mc Backup, crazy depth on the Marlies.
Just spit balling for teams in need of help between the pipes. Philly is probably in desperation mode between the pipes.
Leafs could seek a package of Provorov and Hart ++
There are other teams in a similar mode of desperation Buffalo, Edmonton, Islanders.
This also clears $5 million.
Sometimes the best time for a trade is when you don't want to trade a player...

Gotta lay off the bottle dude. Philly would never trade Provo for Andersen, let alone add on top

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
haha this is just sad at this point, some people need another hobby than watching the leafs. maybe take up needlepoint or something?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Relax boys. Freddy is going nowhere. He was top 10 goalie with a good contract. He is goingnowhere.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
In the ever evolving salary cap world of buy low and sell high would the Leafs listen to offers for Anderson?
Don't get me wrong, I love Freddy and value his abilities. And I would consider him a sell high. That is the reason I would listen to offers for him.
Off all positions i think the Leafs are super deep between the pipes.
We have a solid back-up in Mc Backup, crazy depth on the Marlies.
Just spit balling for teams in need of help between the pipes. Philly is probably in desperation mode between the pipes.
Leafs could seek a package of Provorov and Hart ++
There are other teams in a similar mode of desperation Buffalo, Edmonton, Islanders.
This also clears $5 million.
Sometimes the best time for a trade is when you don't want to trade a player...
this is incredibly stupid. I can't believe a hockey fan could have such an astounding lack of insight

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
Only way Leafs end up trading is if Freddie regresses in the final years of his contract and/or two better goaltenders emerge in the organization. This is the Leafs we're talking about here, so the likelihood of that happening is very very small.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Only way Leafs end up trading is if Freddie regresses in the final years of his contract and/or two better goaltenders emerge in the organization. This is the Leafs we're talking about here, so the likelihood of that happening is very very small.
He's only 28. He'll be fine until the end of thre contract.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Seems a stretch they would trade him this season. Until someone makes him expendable I think he's our guy. I'm not sure I see Sparks or Packard as being long term upgrades but you never know, maybe one of them steals the job. Time will tell.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
So a goalie, which generally have the lowest trade value in the market, fetches a 21 year old top pairing D man plus a top 5 goalie prospect + more?

Just stop man. You're embarrassing yourself.

Think he could fetch a 1st and 2nd round pick?

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
he's in the 10-15 range of goalies, so I feel like it might be tough to upgrade on him.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Not a chance. We don’t play playoff hockey the last two seasons if it weren’t for Frederik Andersen. He will be our #1 goaltender for a while and will likely sign another contract here. He loves it here and the amount of ridiculous saves and consistent (for the most part) play thay he’s been able to put forth while playing behind a bottom 8 (depth wise) defense in the league is nothing short of remarkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad