Speculation: Would the Canadiens have made the playoff with Markov and Radulov?

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
The inconvenient truth about Weber is that the team's win/loss record is not better with him in the lineup. For a supposed franchise D man, that's cause for concern.
When Weber was in the lineup, Price's play was statistically the worst in the league. I don't attribute the bad start to Weber's play. However, even with Price playing better, the defense just gives up so many quality chances.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The inconvenient truth about Weber is that the team's win/loss record is not better with him in the lineup. For a supposed franchise D man, that's cause for concern.

Last year, with a healthy weber: 46 wins.
This year with Weber missing most of the year, the team is on pace for 32 wins.

Hmm you were saying?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Last year, with a healthy weber: 46 wins.
This year with Weber missing most of the year, the team is on pace for 32 wins.

Hmm you were saying?
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You left out Radulov and Markov!!! I have a news flash for you from here above the sand. This team would be not 5 points better than it is right now even with Weber in the lineup.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Give Hemsky and Alzner's money to Markov and cap space's money to Radu.....It was fiting, MB just needed to not let his ego get in the way and give the amount of money recquired to keep them. Dont try to play hardball when you have 0 leverage, you needed these guys alot more than they needed you clown!!!

If Bergevin doesn't care about negotiations but wants to use poker tactics to win his deals, then hire a poker champ. There's a guy from Quebec who has won a world title. I mean, he won't even do that. :sarcasm:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You left out Radulov and Markov!!! I have a news flash for you from here above the sand. This team would be not 5 points better than it is right now even with Weber in the lineup.

because the difference between having Morrow in the lineup instead of Weber is less than 5 pts... right :laugh:

try using only this season just for laughs

How is it any different?
Price was absolutely awful at the beginning of the year. It was barely nhl level caliber goaltending. Like half of Webers total number of game were played at that time.

Looking at the win/loss ratio with the small sample size of games played by Weber, when half of those games came at the start of the season where almost everyone was playing awful is just dumb.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
because the difference between having Morrow in the lineup instead of Weber is less than 5 pts... right :laugh:

How is it any different?
Price was absolutely awful at the beginning of the year. It was barely nhl level caliber goaltending. Like half of Webers total number of game were played at that time.

Looking at the win/loss ratio with the small sample size of games played by Weber, when half of those games came at the start of the season where almost everyone was playing awful is just dumb.
I can't even argue with you because you left out two of the more important parts of last years roster that contributed to last years point totals and then contributed it all to Weber.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I can't even argue with you because you left out two of the more important parts of last years roster that contributed to last years point totals and then contributed it all to Weber.

FYI I replied to a non-logical post with a non-logical post.

Even if I meant what I wrote, its still way less bad than you arguing that the difference between Weber and Morrow is negligeable.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
FYI I replied to a non-logical post with a non-logical post.

Even if I meant what I wrote, its still way less bad than you arguing that the difference between Weber and Morrow is negligeable.
No, I am arguing that our current point total difference right now on this team with Weber in the lineup vs Morrow would be negligible. Now add Markov and Radulov to the team and we are not even talking about all of these struggles, I would also say if you were to throw Sergavhev out there with his fellow countrymen and even with our deficiencies at center that we would be firmly in a playoff spot, enough so to try and add some veteran center help at the deadline.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Since it could never happen because they are not part of the team, the answer has to be no.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Looking at what I see this year I'm going to say no. Markov helps, but the Habs would be relying on him too much. Radulov can only do so much as well.

Having those guys does not address the major deficiencies on this club, which are a severe lack of top 2 centers, and top pairing LD (which is too much to ask for out of Markov at his age).

Having those guys in the lineup probably means finishing closer to the middle of the pack and out of the playoffs, assuming the injuries are the same in both situations.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

How is it any different?

We had a better record with him out of the lineup than in until a few losses ago

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Maybe. But last year we didn't go far in the playoffs even with those two. We needed to keep them and add talent. That is where MB and his group of knuckle-heads didn't get. Somehow they felt the need to change everything. And you let your best forward go. Genius stuff there.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
With Markov, Radulov, Sergachev and Subban, absolutely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad