Would Preissing have made the all rookie team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have to say that I've been quite impressed with the play of Tom Preissing all season. He had a slow start while he adjusted to the pro game but he really picked up his play. I thought he would just be an offensive dman for the PP but he's really had a solid all around game. I'm curious to know if he would be on one of the all rookie teams if he was eligible. I think I would put him on the 2nd team or at least in the running for it. The Sharks got a good one here. Any other thoughts?

X-SHARKIE

Kritty said:
I have to say that I've been quite impressed with the play of Tom Preissing all season. He had a slow start while he adjusted to the pro game but he really picked up his play. I thought he would just be an offensive dman for the PP but he's really had a solid all around game. I'm curious to know if he would be on one of the all rookie teams if he was eligible. I think I would put him on the 2nd team or at least in the running for it. The Sharks got a good one here. Any other thoughts?

I pretty much echo your thoughts...you really have to watch his game to realize all the things he does well....He's just so dang solid.....His offensive game hasnt come along yet...He was amazing in College..but his defensive work has been outstanding and I thought he was robbed of the All rookie team or 2nd team.

Oiler94

Jul 9, 2003
Oiltown
Can someone please send me a link to this All-Rookie Team? I keep hearing about it, and people *****in about it, but i still can't figure out who's on.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jag68Vlady27 said:
Umm, Preissing WAS eligible for rookie status this season, so I'm not sure what this thread is all about.

:dunno:

Thanks for the mature response, a simple "Preissing is eligible for the all rookie team" would have done just fine. The emphasis on WAS wasn't exactly necessary. I wasn't sure about his age and whether or not he would be eligible for it. He was named which is why I was curious about it. Know the reasons behind a post before you attack someone.

Kegger

Apr 23, 2002
Texas
Kritty said:
Thanks for the mature response, a simple "Preissing is eligible for the all rookie team" would have done just fine. The emphasis on WAS wasn't exactly necessary. I wasn't sure about his age and whether or not he would be eligible for it. He was named which is why I was curious about it. Know the reasons behind a post before you attack someone.

A real quick look at eligible rookies, IMO shows that there are 4 others that played better than he this season. Liles, Pitkanen, Bergeron, and Martin. And IF not for Hamhuis' "fishy" +/-, I might say he finished better than Tom as well. Hey I agree Preissing had a great season, and was a wonderful addition to the Sharks blueline this season...but hey, you cannot become complacent with other players; other teams as well.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Kritty,
emphasis was used not to attack but rather to find out why the thread had been started in the first place. If you took it as an attack, sorry but clearly that wasn't my intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad