Would Canada have won gold with Bertuzzi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
kmad said:
Not gonna toss in an opinion, just going to open this to discussion.

The only answer I can give is I think Bertuzzi would have made this team better. That's a *probably*. Because I can't know for sure and neither can anybody else.

Obviously, I can't answer your question either. I do not know if Canada would have won gold for sure. And again, neither does anybody else.

kmad said:
Please no mentions of Steve Moore.

You started! :D

Steve Moore is a grade A twit.

mooseOAK*

The team wasn't physically fit enough to compete in that last game, Bertuzzi would have just been another one of them.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Vlad The Impaler said:
The only answer I can give is I think Bertuzzi would have made this team better. That's a *probably*. Because I can't know for sure and neither can anybody else.

Obviously, I can't answer your question either. I do not know if Canada would have won gold for sure. And again, neither does anybody else.

Well, that's the whole point of discussion, isn't it? To brew conjecture on what might possibly be, but nobody knows for sure? This place would be boring if it was just a fact-fight.

Oil_slick9416*

kmad said:

God no, he'd have been even more rusty then anyone else on the team and he'd be taking stupid penalties left and centre.

sidelines

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
no, scoring wasn't our problem all tourney. If Blake , Pronger, and Foote were there we would have won the gold by stopping that first goal in the gold medal game and not letting the Czechs setup their trap.

Bertuzzi would have not helped

The Benchwarmer

Apr 9, 2005
England
NO!!!!!!!!!! Czech's would have kicked butt this year, even with the goon playing for Canada.

Although maybe if Smyth had been let into their hotel the night before the game and battered them with his stick, then perhaps Canada could have won.

Oil_slick9416*

Wingmanrob said:
NO!!!!!!!!!! Czech's would have kicked butt this year, even with the goon playing for Canada.

Although maybe if Smyth had been let into their hotel the night before the game and battered them with his stick, then perhaps Canada could have won.

grow up buddy

Old Hickory

Any mentions of the Beruzzi/Moore incident and this thread will be closed.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I don't think Bertuzzi would of made a big difference simply because he was not in game shape. One player that could of made a difference was Theodore because he had played all year long and was in game shape.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
From what I saw, thanks to MediaZone, I don't think another additional rusty forward would have made a difference for Team Canada. What they needed was a ready and focused stud Defenseman, or two.

As was mentioned earlier, Blake, Pronger or Foote would have been extremely helpful.

Although, Czechs could have added some players as well.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
kmad said:

No. Canada lost because of poor team defense, half the players being out of game shape and the Czechs being a hell of a team. Bertuzzi wouldn't have helped in either regard.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
the only think that would have helped Canada was to have 22 players who played an entire year of pro hockey

and still, the majority of the czech stars were there, so even with team Canada B, it wouldn't have been enough.

I don't think Bertuzzi would have scored 3 goals in the final game

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
kmad said:

Who knows? Theres plenty of other players from Canada or any of the other countries you could ask this very same question about.

Would Russia have won the gold with Khabibulin, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->