Would Bettman accept a deal past the 11:00PM EST deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Karl said:
He said he wants a deal done before eleven, but if Goodenow accepts a deal past eleven would Bettman accept it?

Of course he would if he liked it. He'd accept a deal right up until he cancels the year, and hell, if Bob offered a $42.5m cap at 5pm tonight, he'd still probably accept it.

Mr.Brownov*

Why not?We'll be guaranteed hockey for next season if that would happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Karl said:
He said he wants a deal done before eleven, but if Goodenow accepts a deal past eleven would Bettman accept it?

Bettman would look even worse than he already does if he doesn't

SENSible1*

Jobu said:
Of course he would if he liked it. He'd accept a deal right up until he cancels the year, and hell, if Bob offered a $42.5m cap at 5pm tonight, he'd still probably accept it.

Yup! If Bob came back in the next couple of days taking the leagues final offer, Gary would still accept.

In fact, Gary will challenge the PA to take the final offer to a vote in his press conference today and will cancel the season pending the result of that vote.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Karl said:

If Bettmans cancels the season and Goodenow makes an offer after that (which I am sure he wouldn't do) sure Gary would take it or counter, still doesn't mean there will be a season to play THIS year.

SharkGirl27

Jan 23, 2005
San Jose, CA
Thunderstruck said:
Yup! If Bob came back in the next couple of days taking the leagues final offer, Gary would still accept.

In fact, Gary will challenge the PA to take the final offer to a vote in his press conference today and will cancel the season pending the result of that vote.

Where did you get this info from? Are you guessing or do you have a source? It would be nice to have a vote because I am sure it would pass overwhelmingliy, but where did you get it from?

SENSible1*

chiavsfan said:
Where did this come from?
It's a prediction.

It is the next logical step for the NHL. It puts the bloody knife in the hands of the PA if the season goes down, ratchets up the pressure on an already splintered opponent and paves the way for Goodenow's removal.

If I'm wrong, feel free to point it out later today.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Ideally a compromise would be the owners upping their cap # to 44-45 million, the players accepting a high luxury tax more according to the owners #'s, and the owners putting in place some sort of meaningful revenue sharing. Arbitration, etc. would have to be figured out on the fly.

Will any of this happen, not likely, but its a shame it will not.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Yeah, if the offer was reasonable, I don't see why not. I think that the 11 AM deadline was for the $42.5 million offer, and they could probably go til 1:00. If that's the case, it'll probably be dragged out, and we'll be kept in suspense til 1.......

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Of course. Everything that comes out of his mouth is soft, retractable, and half-hearted. The "deadline" is just another negotiating ploy. If there are on-going negotiations, if the NHL has come off its $42.5M stance (hopefully they didn't) then the deadline will be dismissed.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
There will be a deal. The costs of cancelling the season are far greater than the amount of money seperating the 2 sides. As such, logic dictates that we will get a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->