TSN: Wotherspoon named to team Canada WJC

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Very proud.

Played a very solid camp, and has had a strong year thus far.

________

Also love seeing our guy picked over a canuck. :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Awesome for Wotherspoon, really pumped he made it. TBH, I wasn't expecting to him make the cut but he has been solid all year.

On another note, correct me if I'm wrong but is this the first Flames prospect to make team Canada since Boyd?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Actually I do remember Aulie and Nemisz now who I believe only recorded a point. I totally forgot about Irving.

With the depth of defenders Canada has, this is quite the feather in the hat for Wotherspoon.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Actually I do remember Aulie and Nemisz now who I believe only recorded a point. I totally forgot about Irving.

With the depth of defenders Canada has, this is quite the feather in the hat for Wotherspoon.

Not hard to do.

Didn't play a single minute. Price played every game that year.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Keith Aulie

And yeah i was really suprised due to all the depth, although would he have made it if Murray was not injured? and where do you think he sits on the depth charts?

Bottom pairing. Wotherspoon is competent in all aspects, but his size is a huge reason he made the team. I think he will see minutes and hopefully he has a great tourny.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Bottom pairing. Wotherspoon is competent in all aspects, but his size is a huge reason he made the team. I think he will see minutes and hopefully he has a great tourny.

I think he is more of a 7th defenseman that will be used for pk and in case Oullet isn't 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->