Worst Season Starting Goalie in NHL history

Worst Season Starting Goalie in NHL history

• Total voters

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dam thats to bad. I was always a fan of his when he was in Chicago and i thought he was going to be an average starter at worst in Carolina. I would give him some time next year to hopefully turn it around

Certainly not at the NHL level. He needs to be in the AHL to try to get his head out of his ass first and see if Joseph can maybe fix the issues with how he's playing before I'd ever even consider him for another start in the NHL. At this point I'd trust Alex Nedlejkovic or Callum Booth getting time in net before I'd trust Darling heading in to next season.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Certainly not at the NHL level. He needs to be in the AHL to try to get his head out of his ass first and see if Joseph can maybe fix the issues with how he's playing before I'd ever even consider him for another start in the NHL. At this point I'd trust Alex Nedlejkovic or Callum Booth getting time in net before I'd trust Darling heading in to next season.

Good point. Give him a conditioning stint in the AHL and hopefully he can find a little bit of confidence.

Reactions: Tryamw

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Another previous Leafs Goalie who had a bad season was Jonathan Bernier during the 2015-2016 season.

His record was 12 wins, 21 loses, 3 ot/shootout loses, save % .908 and a 2.88 GAA.

His first win that season was not until December 19, 2015 against the Kings and it just so happened to be a shutout of all victories.

Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Well Scott Darling has played at least 42 games (Started 39). Got to love that save percentage.

82 Scott Darling .888 3.15
13-20-0-7

(Not sure if this counts tonight's game vs the flyers I'll check Sunday so I can get the Season stats.)
Terribull.

Updated end of Season Stats.
84th in Save percentage. .888 3.18
13-21-0-7

Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad