Worst players you've seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyersHomer DM03

Mar 2, 2002
Allentown, PA
Bill Tibbetts...you'd swear he learned to skate the day before...all he does is get into trouble (on and off the ice), when the flyers got him, his legal mishaps were all over the media...not helping was the fact that the actually useful kent manderville was dealt for him...

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Racicot of course, but I would also list:

Igor Ulanov, horribly error prone.

Enrico Ciccone, no talent what so ever, gave new meaning to phrase horrible skater. He did manage to get under Lindros' skin though.

Marko Kiprusoff. He is about as soft as they come, and he plays defence! Has no wheels and a weak soft, and yet is supposed to be an offenceman? It must be his good looks and outgoing personality.

I just noticed something, they all played for Habs at some point. Some bad carma for being the greatest franchise ever?

Shayne Stevenson
Ed Ronan
Ronnie Sundin
Jarrod Skalde
Ed Patterson
Joe Dzedic
Paul Guay
Joey Day
Brendy Semchuk
Jeff Paul
Graham Townshend
Rick Knickle
David Goverde
Warren Sharples
Jeff Sharples
Bill Huard
Dean Malkoc
Bubba Berenzwig
Valeri Karpov
Helmut Balderis(NHL version only)
Darren Rumble
Phil Sykes

And the worst player i can think of that i did actually see live.......

Former Duck, Devil, King Jim Thompson

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Far and away Richard Zemlak. Pretty much a goon with bad balance. I've seen him drop the gloves and then, before fighting, trip over them.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Interesting read..

Couple of thing to mention :

1) The guy who said that Muller sucked in MTL smoke'd some very good stuff. The year we traded him, IMO he had slowed down but he was really good during the cup year.

2) Happy, to see Gino Cavalinni names, up there.. Though, maybe thats a bit harsh on him.

Here's my list of some of the worst Nordiques I saw :

- Steven Finn
- Mike Hough
- Sergei Milnykov (Was supposed to be the next great thing, when he came to La Ville Capitale)

For The Habs :

- Patrick Traverse
- Ed Ronan
- Red Light Racicot
- Bashkirov
- Whiteall
- Murray Barron and Gerald Diduck were awfull during their stay in Montreal

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
best thread ever.

sergei bautin - wow. 7ust...WOW. plus he smoked like a chimney which didn't help. hey mike smith, way to do your homework. i guess first round draft picks aren't all that important?

dean malkoc

steve staios - with the canucks anyway. i still think he sucks, i don't care what anyone says.

adrian plavsic

something...erickson. was a callup for the winnipeg 7ets back in the early 90's. man was he ****e.

phil sykes

lucien deblois. his awfulness didn't prevent him from getting a lot of hype in winnipeg whenever he got called up from moncton.

gary leeman as a canuck

brian glynn

7oe charbonneau

bryan mccabe in the flyers series in 04. i honestly felt sorry for him.

there's many more yet...

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
there are alot of worse players than Ivanans, i saw him play in Hamilton alot last year and he has an extremley hard shot, and was one of the best fighters in the AHL last year. He was in the fastest skater competion in the Hamilton Skills Comp and came 2nd place (he beat Plekanec in the competion). He is better than Michael Lambert and Carpentier. I know this because i have seen them play.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
Not for their full careers, but while they were in Montreal Darryl Shannon and Jim Campbell were pretty terrible. Also Gordie Dwyer, couldn't play and couldn't fight, except his fight against Peat.

The Pens Are Back*

kordic, mckenna, gaetz, all make JAY CAULFIELD look like a world class player.

after watching him skate, you knew why he had a football scholaship in college and only took up hockey after he couldn't (injured) play anymore

Steve L*

Jan 13, 2003
Southampton, England
Visit site
Dan McGillis 03 said:
Bill Tibbetts...you'd swear he learned to skate the day before...all he does is get into trouble (on and off the ice), when the flyers got him, his legal mishaps were all over the media...not helping was the fact that the actually useful kent manderville was dealt for him...
It says something about Tibbetts that Flyer fans were pissed off that a guy who hadnt scored for over 100 games was traded for him!

sandels

Aug 2, 2005
Lake Bodom
Behn Wilson said:
Two players that were good with other teams but absolutely sucked once they became hawks were Alexander Karpotsev and Igor Korolev. After they got long term contracts, they both phoned it thereafter. Pat Foley's rant on Karpo after he was traded was priceless.

There certainly was not much love for Dr. Karpovtsev from the Hawks fans. Here is what Foley had to say:

http://www.hockey-humor.com/PatVKarp.mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad