Post-Game Talk: Worst Pizza @ Worst Wireless, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Reminds me of Umberger calling the caps out when they're crushing the league in 2010 and then they lose to Montreal in the 1st round.

Significant differences from that team and this one though. One of the major players from the 2010 Caps team left the ice last night a minus 3.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am glad I am not the only one that noticed Willy had a good game.

New System > Old System for him and pretty much every other player.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Well Detroit's guys seem to think we aren't as good as Columbus and that flexibility in style of play is a bad thing.

Everytime they made a push we sorta just stomped on them and did whatever we wanted.
Eh, I don't think Detroit got Washington's best effort. Their slot area coverage was very lax for much of the game. They did limit Detroit's shots and zone time but they were sloppier than usual defensively and that's typically their main calling card. Thankfully, Detroit is just not that good. They've got some IQ in their game at times but their defense and consistency are pretty bad.

Columbus is a more of an aggressive forechecking team and perhaps that's more energetic and impressive. But Washington is more systematic and those turnovers and transition plays aren't flukes...it's how they're built and they mostly execute it against everyone.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Eh, I don't think Detroit got Washington's best effort. Their slot area coverage was very lax for much of the game. They did limit Detroit's shots and zone time but they were sloppier than usual defensively and that's typically their main calling card. Thankfully, Detroit is just not that good. They've got some IQ in their game at times but their defense and consistency are pretty bad.

Columbus is a more of an aggressive forechecking team and perhaps that's more energetic and impressive. But Washington is more systematic and those turnovers and transition plays aren't flukes...it's how they're built and they mostly execute it against everyone.

We def gave up a few more good looks than we have in any home game in recent memory.

That said we also got a zillion great looks and that score could have been much more lobsided in our favor.

I never got the feeling the game was in doubt really despite the score being close.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
We def gave up a few more good looks than we have in any home game in recent memory.

That said we also got a zillion great looks and that score could have been much more lobsided in our favor.

I never got the feeling the game was in doubt really despite the score being close.

This.

Althought it's propably a good thing once in a while to see team having to work some issues that they otherwise really haven't had to do recently. Rarely see a game that bad from Holtby and recently, especially at home, they've used that quick start that they had tonight too to jump ahead 2 or 3 nil in which point the game is often over already.

It would have been easy to start feeling sorry for yourself after squandering tons of brilliant chances, only to see your goalie give up the lead and let in 2 goals on 6 shots at pretty much the only few times the opposing team even entered your zone.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Well then if Green is your number one dman you are in trouble indeed.

Offensively he is far and away the best but on actual defensive duty he is the same rubbish as the rest, often he get caught pinching which is of course natural though, as he is almost supposed to be pinching, so I guess he is the least dissapointing of the established Wings Defensemen. Nobody expected him to be the cornerstone in Detroits own end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->