Worst NHL players out of Russia

ESimp

Oct 20, 2016
Looking for some thoughts on the some of the Worst Ever NHL players to come our of Russia.

Filatov
Volchkov
Chistov

They are three names that come to mind for me

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Not sure what you're getting at here. Worst NHL regulars? Worst players to ever play a game in the NHL?

ESimp

Oct 20, 2016
Not sure what you're getting at here. Worst NHL regulars? Worst players to ever play a game in the NHL?

More so regulars. But realistic players who played at 75 games. Not necessarily a one or two game call up

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
For some guys who are pretty good but just had bad NHL careers with a minimum of 100 games.

Viktor Tikhonov: 111 GP - 22 PTS
Alexander Perezhogin: 128 GP - 34 PTS

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Plotnikov was really, really bad. I think he is even bad in the KHL. Filatov is still young BTW, he has improved in the KHL and I think in a couple years if he keeps it up its inevitable that he doesnt end up playing for CSKA then NHL

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Krutov? The skating Salami sandwich

Easily among the World's top 10 forwards of the 1980's generation, regardless of nationality. His heart wasn't in playing in North America. He was a Soviet man to his core!

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Easily among the World's top 10 forwards of the 1980's generation, regardless of nationality. His heart wasn't in playing in North America. He was a Soviet man to his core!

I don't think that was the reason.

I think Red from Shawshank Redemption described Krutov's situation perfectly in the below scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsiFanovOSI

What do you do when, after 10 years of being told what to do, you are on your own half of the year?

What do you do when you finally have an off-season after 10 years of barely having a month off?

I think a big percentage of players would have failed as well.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Of the bigger names Sergei Mylnikov had a pretty awful NHL career too, although arguably that was more due to the horrid Nordiques defense than a fault of his own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad