Worst hockey uniforms ever?

Hartford HockeyFan

Apr 14, 2006
This is to see what people think the worst jerseys of all time hockey related are. I figured since we had a thread for best uniforms ever, we needed a worst uniforms ever thread.

I am going to go with the Nashville Predators third jersey, the Bruins third jerseys. Honorable mention goes to the Islanders gorton fishermans jerseys, and any whalers jersey. :shakehead

RingTheBell

Mar 28, 2006
CT / MN
Be sure to check out the history of jerseys in the NHL at http://nhluniforms.com/ for reference.

Worst ever:
Ducks alternate '95-'96
-I just don't understand. I guess little kids would love it.

2nd Worst:
Tampa alternates '96-'99
-Oh, it's a storm. On the jersey. With rain drops and waves. Cute.

3rd Worst:
Coyotes original jerseys
-I briefly lived in Phoenix, which happened to be when the Jets moved there to become the Coyotes. The style of artwork on the jersey was very popular at the time, to the point of being a trend. I think jerseys based on current trends, colorwise or stylewise, are awful ideas. This one leads the pack.

4th Worst:
Islanders home & away ('95 to '97 seasons)
-So I can stand the fisherman, at least the link to Long Island makes sense. Asymmetric design, fine. Color scheme, not hot, but I've seen worse. But WHY, WHY, WHY are the names and numbers CURVED.

HM:
Predators current 3rd jersey
-Was this a contest to find the ugliest yellow ever?

Caps teal jerseys
-Not a big fan of trendy colors, especially teal

Ducks uniforms in general before the redesign
-Again, awful color trend in teal and purple

Last edited:

zBearcat

Mar 20, 2006
Calgary
I don't know who these are, but this was emailed to me a while back and they are just awful. Most likely a gimmick game though.

worstjerseys.bmp

Wetcoaster

I don't know who these are, but this was emailed to me a while back and they are just awful. Most likely a gimmick game though.

worstjerseys.bmp
Looking at the badges and handcuffs I would venture a guess that this is a police team.

However the worst unis would have to the Canucks' Halloween horrors (the "V")
van_nucks_83_hm.jpg

The replacement was not much of an improvement:
home_jersey-1989.jpg

Jeffler

See You At Game 3
Dec 7, 2006
North York
theleafsnation.com
Be sure to check out the history of jerseys in the NHL at http://nhluniforms.com/ for reference.

Worst ever:
Ducks alternate '95-'96
-I just don't understand. I guess little kids would love it.

2nd Worst:
Tampa alternates '96-'99
-Oh, it's a storm. On the jersey. With rain drops and waves. Cute.

3rd Worst:
Coyotes original jerseys
-I briefly lived in Phoenix, which happened to be when the Jets moved there to become the Coyotes. The style of artwork on the jersey was very popular at the time, to the point of being a trend. I think jerseys based on current trends, colorwise or stylewise, are awful ideas. This one leads the pack.

4th Worst:
Islanders home & away ('95 to '97 seasons)
-So I can stand the fisherman, at least the link to Long Island makes sense. Asymmetric design, fine. Color scheme, not hot, but I've seen worse. But WHY, WHY, WHY are the names and numbers CURVED.

HM:
Predators current 3rd jersey
-Was this a contest to find the ugliest yellow ever?

Caps teal jerseys
-Not a big fan of trendy colors, especially teal

Ducks uniforms in general before the redesign
-Again, awful color trend in teal and purple

The craziest thing is I LIKE every single one of those. Different personalities or what?

CheeseSandwich*

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Blues 3rd jersey in 1996 which was rejected by Keenan.

DCHockeyFan

Dec 21, 2006
Have the Capitals ever had a decent looking uniform ?

This uniform is probably the best they've ever had, and the logo has the U.S. Capital building on it...lol

tn_Washington%20Capitals%20Hockey%20Jerseys%20Dark.jpg

Last edited:

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
IMO, the most impotant thing about a jersey is the colors. Most jerseys nowadays have completely bland and boring colors, like the Capital's current black jersey.

Scottie_SF

Feb 16, 2007
Vancouver
Hands down, the Vancouver Canucks school bus uniforms.

And some of those Halloween costumes the NHL stars used to wear in the early 80s All Star Games were just horrendous.

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
I prefer the Rows of Stars Caps jerseys to the Splattered Bug. yuck.

I have asked this before, but this really boggels my mind. THey are the Capital of a country that's colours are Red, White, and Blue. I do not see those colours anywhere on their jerseys.:dunno:

Leonsis is an Idiot.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

the overrated

wicked overrated
Jul 13, 2006
Suburbia
This is to see what people think the worst jerseys of all time hockey related are. I figured since we had a thread for best uniforms ever, we needed a worst uniforms ever thread.

I am going to go with the Nashville Predators third jersey, the Bruins third jerseys. Honorable mention goes to the Islanders gorton fishermans jerseys, and any whalers jersey. :shakehead

B's original 3rd jerseys - the mustard yellow sweater with the happy lil bear on it - is far and away the worst, IMHO.

Of course, as a Bruins fan, I might be just a little bit biased here.

Mistress Mandy

Jul 28, 2006
Connecticut
www.flickr.com

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad