Worst finishing move

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I usually don't include comedic finishers but this is just as bad as the Samoan Spike

8CBLr.gif
At least this one was supposed to be a comedy move. The Samoan Spike was supposed to be nearly deadly. But it was just lame and outdated, like using the previously mentioned leg drop or something as your finish nowadays.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
When Hogan started using the leg drop, most finishers sucked by today's standards. Remember, this was before the DDT was even invented. Literally nobody had a good finisher by our current standards. Lots of bear hugs, and pile drivers. At least Hogan's was a bit different. He should have changed it eventually, but by then it was so over that he couldn't.

Piledriver is a good finish and would be a good finish by today's standards just because of the taboo nature behind it at this point.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Piledriver is a good finish and would be a good finish by today's standards just because of the taboo nature behind it at this point.
It would be. The piledriver was basically the be all and end all of finishers in the early 80s. You wanted to come across as a crippler, you hit a piledriver. Lots of guys did it though which ended up making it not worth doing, too many injuries off of what eventually became a basic set up move in most cases.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's really called bayley to belly? That means it also wins as the worst finishing name.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nothing will top the People's Elbow. Such a garbage 'finisher'.

I ate it up as a kid. Loved watching it, especially the lead-up to it, and I remember other kids mimicking it. It speaks to the Rock's charisma that he got it as over as he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad