Worst feeling ever playing hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMW814

Feb 21, 2005
Florida
Either physically or mentally or both.

Mentally, the worst i ever felt was losing in the championship game, in OT, off a deflecetion, that went off the top of my stick!! :banghead:

Physically, I got slashed so hard in the wrist, it broke, then I fell right on it. That kind of hurt but i have been lucky injury wise. first game back, i jabbed him a few times in the back and legs with the butt of my stick when i was in his d-zone, just to make sure he knew i hadnt forgotten :lol:

RJ8812*

obviously losing a championship game, doesant matter how, losing it just....BLOWS

Sticks of Fury

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Booked the rink and got some people to play. Phoned for a 2 goalies to make sure they would come.

Went in on the goalie tried the deke to my left stop and stick it in the right side. Couldn't stop and fell on top of his left leg. He let out a scream and I sprained his knee. Felt really bad and then he said he was going to miss out on his marathon or biathalon the next day. :blush:

Just this year practicing with a team that we can just drop in. The ice hockey team was just practicing and they only had one goalie. Went in during a practice drill and shot the puck through the legs. I hit the goale and when I went to line up in the corner of the rink, I see him fall flat on his back groaning. I sorta gulped a bit and hoped it was the other guy coming in on the drill. I got him in the you-know-what. He had to be helped off the ice.... He was ok after a while but man, I can feel the blame when I knocked out their goalie and they have no goalies to practice with now.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Once I lost a playoffs game after leading during more than 59'30. We took the lead after 7 seconds and stay ahead the whole game, only to conceed the game tying goal with less than 30 seconds to play. Then there was a faceoff in our own zone with 2 seconds to go, and they scored off the faceoff at the buzzer. But it wasn't my worst ever hockey experience...

The worst I ever felt in hockey was after loosing a semi-final playoffs game in a shoot out after easily winning the regular season, the first round serie and the first game of the semi-final (it was a best of two serie, if each team win one game, overtime and shootout). Talk about destroying a great season in one game...It still hurts like it was yesterday...

When I think about it, it was yesterday.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I just hate having the other team run up the score...playing recreation hockey, a player on the other team "accidentally" runs our goalie...hurts his knee and our short bench has to play half the game with no goalie and then through in a defensemen to play...they keep pounding in the goals showing no mercy..and no sportsmanship...final score 11-3.

Worst injury is when you get the wind knocked out of you....rolling around on the ice with everyone looking at you, with that fear you'll never get your breath back.
Long term, was the broken collarbone, and every game is when you've husled your ass off and you come to the bench ready to puke...lol

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
once in a championship game we were in overtime and this kid on the other team took a slap shot from the point and i was standing right about where the hash marks are and the shot hit my shin gaurd and went into the net. it SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Well, I don't know if this would be mental or physical, but getting all your stuff on, getting out on the ice then having to go...you know.

Lets face it, it has happened to everybody, and you go through the thoughts, 'can I play through this, or should I bolt?'

Anyways, losing Minor Hockey Week 3 years in a row in the championship in overtime sucked alot. Two of the years being the crappy 'no-goalie' overtimes.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Nothing compares to the agonizing pain I feel waiting for my orthotic inserts to settle into my boot. Pain shooting up my leg for nearly 40 minutes until finally it subsides.

KOVALEV10*

Wost feeling I used to get was when I had a great scoring chance to tie the game or to win it in OT and miss that really was a major blow. And of course when your team is losing nothing is worse then that.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Physical has to be when I broke a vertebrea in my back last year and mentally has to be not being able to help the team for a month because of that stupid injury.

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
Condiser the title of this thread and you'll know who I play for

JUNIOR A
PJ G P N PD PF BP BC Diff PTS
SMOOTH SHERMONT 22 18 3 1 0 0 113 50 63 53
TURMEL LAC-MÉGANTIC 21 13 5 3 0 0 97 55 42 41
SHARKS EAST ANGUS 21 12 6 3 0 0 79 49 30 39
TITAN SHERMONT 22 10 11 1 0 0 75 84 -9 36
EXPRESS SHERMONT 24 8 12 4 0 0 94 98 -4 36
LES MINEURS CLUB PISCINE 20 7 12 1 0 0 64 96 -32 25
MAGOG 22 2 17 3 0 0 56 135 -79 20

Other thing I hate too is breaking a Sher-wood stick, I sell Sher-Wood stuff and many sticks so everytime I break one people make fun of me and make fun of the quality of my sitcks

Edit : I just noticed all my numbers are in a bunch I took time to spread em out but i'll have to put dashes eventually in between them sorry about the mess

Edit 2: I also noticed everything is still in French gotta go to work however

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
A couple of years ago, my coach was telling me that I was playing too soft. so I start getting rough and I evantually took a dumb penalty that impaired my team for four minutes. Luckliy they killed it off and I get on the ice when the other team is deep in our zone and controling the play. The point man took a slap shot, I slid in front of his stick, the puck bounced on my waist and goes straight for the top corner. 5-4...OT
:cry:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Erngueva said:
Letting a slap-shot in from the red line in front of 3000 spectators when you're 12 years old. Now that's hurt.

I feel your pain.

I did that many moons ago when I played bantam...no place to hide out there.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
Losing the Championship game sucks no matter what. I've lost several.

This past weekend we lost to a team we def. should have beat. They scored in the last 5 second. That is a rotten feeling.

Physically, someone broke my wrist with a tomahawk slash. I just fell and slid right into the boards.

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
For me it was taking a shot into the throat. I've broken my ankle and arm before but nothing was as bad as this. I stayed down for a couple minutes when it happened. The worst part wasn't exactly the pain but the fact I could not breathe. That was some scary stuff.

Useful Idiot

May 24, 2004
I just started playing this year (was 16 when I started and am 17 now) and the first time I went on the ice for house league evaluations was probably my worst feeling mentally and physically. Prior to going on the ice I had skated three times last year and that was it aside from a few times when I was 7 or 8 so I could barely stop and I would have to keep my head down when skating with the puck. I was really nervous because it was new to me, I didn't know how I would do and I knew a lot of the players were older than me and have been playing for years and years. I thought I was going to throw up because I was so nervous and I was doubting myself before stepping onto the ice so that didn't really help mentally.

Last edited:

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
I was just talking about this my son the other day. I was playing Juniors with a guy who was racing to the point to block a shot. He put his stick out in front and made a ramp and the slapshot hit him in the mouth coming up at a 45 degree angle. It went up through his jaw, took out all his teeth on that side of his face, broke his cheek bone, orbital bone and crushed his sinus on that side. He ended up losing his eye from it also. I was about 12 feet away and blood splattered on me. He didn't go down right away, but skated to the Zamboni door behind the net and as the door opened he passed out into a guys arms. It's been over 20 years and I can still hear that sound, like a baseball bat hitting a pumpkin. I played pick up hockey with him a few years after that so he didn't give up the game all together but it was a scary scene.

JMW814

Feb 21, 2005
Florida
thats horrible man... :( all the other pain comes and goes, but that is a really hard blow. i hope you went out there and won the game for him, if you guys even played, he would have been really proud of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad