GDT: World Juniors

Jerk Newton

5 Nights at Stormy's
Nov 11, 2005
North Carolina
Roy doesn't even get a shot off. What a way to lose a world championship.

Congrats to the USA. Hate this ending, though.
Yeah, the announcers for NHL Network were like "Save by Parsons!!" and I mean, I guess Parsons did stop the puck after it rolled off Roy's stick but still. Ugh, I hate it for Roy and I hope he isn't made the scapegoat for this.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I detest the shootout. This result makes me feel no different about that. Any championship game should be settled with actual play, not some ****ing skills competition.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Some of the posts by Canadians on the main board are downright pathetic. I'd love to meet these people just to see what kind of person calls a bunch of teenagers losers. Real winners I'm sure.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
A cane is gonna cane. :D

In all seriousness, I do feel bad for him. He should be nothing but proud of his performance throughout this tourney.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Roy doesn't even get a shot off. What a way to lose a world championship.

Congrats to the USA. Hate this ending, though.

At least he tried an actual move instead of taking a wrister from 10 feet out to a predictable spot. Telling that the only goal in the whole shootout went to the short side.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I detest the shootout. This result makes me feel no different about that. Any championship game should be settled with actual play, not some ****ing skills competition.

They should just have the guys go to the 300 level and toss pucks on the ice. Closest to the center ice dot wins.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I really should invest more into this tournament. I don't know why it took me this long to do so.

Congrats to both teams on a great game and to the American boys on the victory.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
canadian fans are going to try to **** on roy even though he was one of their best players all tourney

I don't think so, honestly he isn't really the best shootout selection but he has playing an amazing game and tournament.

I watched him playing through Midget and now Junior and he has become one of my favorite prospects, definitely my favorite player that was on team Canada.

The kid has excellent hands and vision too, he was just asked to play the role he did and flourished in it. He's going to be a "front of the net" guy in the NHL too I think.

Hopefully most Canadians took notice of the other 99% of the tournament and not the flubbed move to seal a USA gold.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
I really should invest more into this tournament. I don't know why it took me this long to do so.

Congrats to both teams on a great game and to the American boys on the victory.

More people in Canada watch Canada's games than watch the SCF in Canada. That alone should let you know how exciting it can get.

Kudos to America, but that was a tough one to swallow for me. Watching Roy balling after the game sucked, and Carter Hart couldn't even get through an interview. The tournament is big time here.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I have to say, I came away from this tournament a LOT more impressed with Roy than I have been in my past, albeit limited, viewings. His skating looked much better, his hands were better than I recalled and he played with aggression and urgency. Really liked what I saw from him, even more-so than Gauthier. I know in the past I've hated to write off prospects so early, but man, based on what I saw in this tournament, I can't imagine how Bean was touted as highly as he was. I had never seen him play 1 second before he was drafted so could only go on what was written/how he was ranked. He was like Ryan Murphy with less confidence, if that's possible. I think the Canes are going to regret this pick almost as much as taking Fleury over Ehlers. Hope I'm wrong, but he looks to be a LONG way off from ever stepping foot in the NHL.

While the jury is surely still out, the first round picks under Francis aren't looking very great right now. IIRC, Lindholm was his guy in 2013. Fleury over Ehlers/Nylander in 2014. Hanifin was kind of a no brainer in 2015 (although it remains to be seen if he'll be better than Provorov or Werenski). Bean in 2016. Not jumping off a bridge by any means here as the final judgement won't be until we see these guys in the NHL for a couple of years, but early returns aren't great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->