World Juniors vs World Championships in Europe

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I think the WC rosters are what turn me off there, to me it seems like the rosters are the best of who feels like going that year (maybe that's just Canada and USA though).

Erm... you forgot the elephant in the room. It's not so much about willingness but more about whom the NHL condescends to allow to participate in this tourney. You know, all the European hockey leagues are finished in time for this international tournament to take place in full strength, if possible.

I actually don't think the May time-slot is ideal for this tourney. It's nice they've been pushing it ever so slightly from April to May over the last couple of decades, to allow more and more NHL players to participate, but I believe the ideal time-slot would be February.

All the hockey leagues around the world should take a break of 2 weeks in Febuary every year, so that this tournament can take place at full strength, best-on-best. Cancel domestic all-star games for good, and cancel this tourney in Olympic years. That's it.

Reactions: saskriders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad