Prospect Info: World Juniors Team Scandanavia Thread (VGK Prospects Brannstrom/Rondbjerg in the World Juniors.)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
!!!WOW!!!!!

Nicolas Hague got slighted by Team Canada! Logan freakin Stanley got selected for camp over Mr Hague who is scoring over a half a goal per game, over a PPG, is almost as big, has a better two way game, and is just as tough. Hopefully that puts a chip on the kids shoulder and he continues to demolish the OHL.

Not only mention Conor Timmons was selected and they are putting up the same points, but Hague is bigger and grittier than him too.

And for those saying it’s a 19 year olds tourney....Hague is only 7 months younger.

On the positive front, both Glass and Suzuki were selected.

Don’t know about anybody else so far, but this is going to be a fun tourney.

You gotta think with their scoring prowess and two way games, they have a very strong shot of making the team.

I would put money on Glass making it with his defensive prowess and faceoff ability.

MCassel

Nov 29, 2017
Gonna see Glass play in February when they come to Seattle. Got to see Coghlan on Opening night when Tri-Cities came to Seattle, it's fun to see these guys come through now knowing they'll be in Vegas one day.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Very surprising that Suzuki is holding on over Glass. I thought his two way game and versatility would get him on the team. Fingers crossed for Suzuki.
I'm guessing Glass winds up in the Olympics.

Someone said Hockey Canada doesn't want the same players in both the World Juniors and the Olympics, or something.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
<<--Someone
quoted twitter (e.g., LeBrun) with word that Hockey Canada would NOT double dip the kids for WJC and Olympics.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Sweden fans haven’t really mentioned Elvenes so I have no idea. All they talk about is Dahlin (which is understandable) and Liljegren (not as much)

Liljegren is getting mentioned every other post by Toronto fans and the conversation goes nowhere else. Fingers crossed Brannstrom turns out better. Man I hate Toronto.

Reactions: MordredGK

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ho
Lee
Shit

I forgot about Jonas Rondbjerg (VGK 65th Overall) playing for team Denmark.

This is no longer the Team Sweden thread, it is now the Team Scandinavia thread.

Reactions: derriko

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
The games are posted on TSN after the game if anybody wants to see them.

Here’s Sweden vs. Russia
World Juniors: Russia vs. Sweden

Sweden has 3 great defenders (including the next Erik Karlsson) but then it drops off a cliff. Brannstrom is paired with Dahlin and getting a ton of ice time.

Funny, before the season when I was expecting Vegas to contend for the 1st overall pick, Dahlin was my pick. Now my team that was a goal away from going to the finals, aka the Senators, is the one contending for last place and Vegas for first. What a year.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I see a lot of similarities with Brannstrom and Schmidt. Both big time minute munchers, solid positionally, as good offensively as defensively, but don’t have any exceptional skills outside of skating.

While Schmidt is bigger and physical, Brannstrom will be havw higher hockey IQ and better stick work.

Sweden vs the US is gong to be a great game this Thursday. Sounds like 1pm start, and I would encourage anybody that is free to give it a watch. Brannstrom has been getting a ton of time at ES and on the PP so you won’t be dissapointed.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->