World Juniors 2017-18 (3 Baby-SENS players) in Buffalo NY

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hard not to love how calm dahlin looks. But I’m curious how he’s gonna deal with people coming at him like, 10x faster. He reminds me of rundblad in his demeanor and player. Very cerebral when he’s moving forward. He’s not like karlsson and subban or doughty that are go getters and make insane quick moves in tight.

I’m not saying he will be as bad as rundblad.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think what most likely happens with Dahlin is that he's great offensively in his rookie year but struggles defensively. He's probably going to get top-pairing minutes on a bad team. I think in his prime he'll be fine in his own zone but not right away.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Batherson reminds me of Toewes. Shows up in big moments, protects the puck so well, great in the slot, plays like a Center at Wing as he's always got his teammates involved.

Doesn't skate like Toewes but the size and balance reminds me of him.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Dahlin says they play the right way in Sweden and don't rely on embellishment to win hockey games

This genuinely makes me want to get the #2 or #3 pick. I know its a massive over reaction and he's a kid, but f*** that POS and his superiority complex. Those personalities are toxic, the whole Sweden team reached a maximum level of salt in these post game interviews.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
This genuinely makes me want to get the #2 or #3 pick. I know its a massive over reaction and he's a kid, but **** that POS and his superiority complex. Those personalities are toxic, the whole Sweden team reached a maximum level of salt in these post game interviews.
no gonna lie Formenton flopped a few times

Reactions: Chip Chipperson

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
no gonna lie Formenton flopped a few times

I thought the penalty that got called on him looked legit. I could have missed others tho. Overall I wasn't huge on Formentons game; I was expecting him and Mete to be much better throughout the tournament.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Where does Dahlin think Canadians learned how to dive? Holy hell, where does he think the 'soft Euros' and 'chicken Swedes' talk came from?

That came from Canada. In Sweden you will hear the exact same talk about North American hockey players.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
26232047_10155179816445936_8532566863798566736_o.jpg

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
This genuinely makes me want to get the #2 or #3 pick. I know its a massive over reaction and he's a kid, but **** that POS and his superiority complex. Those personalities are toxic, the whole Sweden team reached a maximum level of salt in these post game interviews.
Lol there WAS a fair bit of flopping in that game....

You can't judge a teenager for his comments right after the most painful loss of his life. I love hearing stuff like that because it's far superior to the boring stock hockey answers we normally hear

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
what were you doing at 17

Reactions: Newgates59

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Where does Dahlin think Canadians learned how to dive? Holy hell, where does he think the 'soft Euros' and 'chicken Swedes' talk came from?
In hockey its the Canadians who are the big embellishers, especially at the international level. You think of all the big divers in hockey, they're all Canadians. Crosby, Marchand, Mike Smith, Burrows.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Should Dahlin have said that? No. But he's 17 and that interview was probably right after they got off the ice. Emotions run high after losing a game like that.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Am I the only one who wasn't overly impressed with Robert Thomas?

Don't get me wrong, would love if he were a part of our organization, but I wasn't exactly enamored with his game.

I know I'm in the minority with a lot of prospects, but I just haven't gotten Thomas as a blue chipper.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

Don't get me wrong, would love if he were a part of our organization, but I wasn't exactly enamored with his game.

I know I'm in the minority with a lot of prospects, but I just haven't gotten Thomas as a blue chipper.
He can come back next year to the WJHC where he will probably be really good. He is doing great in the juniors so far this year

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He can come back next year to the WJHC where he will probably be really good. He is doing great in the juniors so far this year
Oh I understand that, I'm talking from a projection standpoint, I don't care too much about stats.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
In hockey its the Canadians who are the big embellishers, especially at the international level. You think of all the big divers in hockey, they're all Canadians. Crosby, Marchand, Mike Smith, Burrows.

Is that because Canadians dive more, or because ~50% of the league is Canadian, so other nationalities don't get seen as the culprits as often? Ryan (American) has been known to embellish. Karlsson's been accused of it too. Hasek was prolific at it back in the day. I'm not all that convinced one nationality is more prone to it than another, at least not that I can tell.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lol come ooooooooon

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

He was meh. I know I always get piled on when I judge players at this tourney but when these guys fail to impress against the best players in the world in their age group, it makes me start to wonder about their ceiling.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Were you more impressed with Glass, Rasmussen, Vilardi, Tippett and Suzuki who were drafted ahead of him though?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad