World Juniors 2017-18 (3 Baby-SENS players) in Buffalo NY

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
exactly however scouts are brain dead and will call it "attitude problems" over wanting to win at all costs.

Pot bases player evaluation on an inconsequential post-game act; calls Kettle brain-dead.

These people you speak of who are suddenly sour on Andersson? They do not exist (at least outside of your head).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Steenbergen used sparingly , finally gets to play more replacing Gadjovich , the highest scoring CHL player, yet to score in the WJC ... pots the winner for Team Canada.. they guy must be over the moon happy.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
AJ said the IIHF hasn't credited Batherson with a 2nd assist on the winning goal. It's pretty obvious it was a 2 pass score. It wasn't just one of those soft touches Batherson did the grunt work to retrieve and then pass it to the point so deserves it. They'd better fix that!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
AJ said the IIHF hasn't credited Batherson with a 2nd assist on the winning goal. It's pretty obvious it was a 2 pass score. It wasn't just one of those soft touches Batherson did the grunt work to retrieve and then pass it to the point so deserves it. They'd better fix that!

I'm sure the Drake doesn't care!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Kinda reminds me of a Perry/Getzlaf mix. I might be off though. More of a goal scorer than Getz, less of a playmaker. Gets in the dirty areas like Perry. Great hockey IQ and awareness like both of those guys. I'm not talking potential/ceiling, just style.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
who's a good comparison for batherson?
I've compared him to Giroux. Before anyone jumps at me for projecting him as a top NHL producer like CG, I mean stylistically. He's a C/RW who plays a hard game and has an abundance of skill and ability to score in a lot of ways while making his linemates better. I think he's definitely a potential top 6 guy though. If he doesn't pan out he should be able to make a career as a bottom 6 guy cause he's so well rounded.

Maybe other more recent guys you could compare him to are Jaden Schwartz, Nazem Kadri, Logan Couture or Rickard Rakell? Those are lofty, I realize.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bobby is still the best comparison for Batherson that I have seen. Not regular season lazy one-dimensional underachieving hands-injury Bobby, mind you, but rather playoff Bobby.

Both have:

Good size at 6'2
Below-average skating ability
Silky mitts
Dangling ability
Playmaking and vision
Good shots
Physical play

With Batherson I am expecting a 40-50P 2nd line winger. It's tough to put a ceiling on a guy with an absolutely insane development curve like Batherson, but I'd say a 50-60P 1st line winger is probably fair in terms of a realistic upside.

Hopefully he can exceed my expectations and become another star winger like Stone.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Forgot about the Bobby comparison. That one is good too. I like Batherson's shot more, and he might have a slightly better stride imo.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
How millennials celebrate a gold medal. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How millennials celebrate a gold medal..jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Bobby is still the best comparison for Batherson that I have seen. Not regular season lazy one-dimensional underachieving hands-injury Bobby, mind you, but rather playoff Bobby.

Both have:

Good size at 6'2
Below-average skating ability
Silky mitts
Dangling ability
Playmaking and vision
Good shots
Physical play

With Batherson I am expecting a 40-50P 2nd line winger. It's tough to put a ceiling on a guy with an absolutely insane development curve like Batherson, but I'd say a 50-60P 1st line winger is probably fair in terms of a realistic upside.

Hopefully he can exceed my expectations and become another star winger like Stone.

I like this comparison

the thing that concerns me is the skating....looks like bobby...can he become stone....good questions. ...needs to improve the skating to play regular nhl minutes

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I like this comparison

the thing that concerns me is the skating....looks like bobby...can he become stone....good questions. ...needs to improve the skating to play regular nhl minutes

He's already a better skater than both imo, it's exciting that it can probably get even better.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Are we upset in here about Anderson striding over the to boards and lightly tossing the medal? Twitter is hilarious on the matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad