World Junior A Championships

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Why hasn't the whole tournament been shown?
They used to show the whole tourney but the last few years they've only showed the medal round. I suspect it could've been seen online but you'd probably have to pay for the package or maybe per-game like the recent Canada Juniors versus U Sports All-Stars. Those 2 games were $15 each.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They used to show the whole tourney but the last few years they've only showed the medal round. I suspect it could've been seen online but you'd probably have to pay for the package or maybe per-game like the recent Canada Juniors versus U Sports All-Stars. Those 2 games were $15 each.
If you are going to make these major tournaments, you have to make them widely available.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If you are going to make these major tournaments, you have to make them widely available.
According to the tournament's website it has "produced more than 300 NHL draft picks, including 53 selected in the first round – names like Boeser, Lindholm, Pastrnak, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Turris and Vasilevski."

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I don’t think they’ve ever showed the whole tourney. They usually pick it up in the medal round. This tournament just doesn’t quite have the stature of the WJC. In general, the coverage of international hockey in Canada has greatly improved over the last few years. We now get the full U18's as well as the Hlinka/Gretzky, which used to never be televised here.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
According to the tournament's website it has "produced more than 300 NHL draft picks, including 53 selected in the first round – names like Boeser, Lindholm, Pastrnak, Schwartz, Tarasenko, Turris and Vasilevski."
What are these European country criteria for eligibility in it (regarding "Junior A")? Other than they wouldn't have anyone in World Juniors camp there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad