World Ice Hockey Website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Martinez

Sep 27, 2006
Massachusetts
Hello,

I am new to this group, but I have noticed through this group and others that people are wanting to, or are working on a website to better list the International Hockey Tournaments, with more detail than currently available on the web and most certainly more detailed than the IIHF cares to put out.
My question is, how many people are planning this, and wouldn't everyone from the user to the admin be better working as a group?

I am not looking to run a website myself at this time, but helping out is something I can do with some data and site ideas. Perhaps becoming affiliated with SIHR or something along those lines might be the way to go, I don't know.

What are some of items you would like to see listed on a website?

My thoughts:
World Championship(All pools/div), Results, Summaries, Rosters, Detailed player Stats, writeups on the games or as a whole. Any newspaper/magazine articles in PDF form.

Olympic Games, same as above

Canada Cup, same as above

World Cup of Hockey, same as above

Izvestia, same as above

World Junior Championships, same as above

Woman's World Championships, same as above

any other World tourny's deserve mention?

A downloadable encylopedia in pdf form that will list all the stats and tournaments and players mentioned above.

Regards,

David Martinez

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello Dave!

You are right. It would be better to get together to make this "All you wanna know about international ice hockey" encyclopaedia. If you have visited my website, you have probably noticed, that it is a bit too concentrated on medal winning teams and team Finland (if you have read the thread "Interested in IIHF tournament history?", you can find the link there). At the moment I'm working on an English version of my tournament presentations.

The list you have suggested, is a very good one.

All the best
Jukka

David Martinez

Sep 27, 2006
Massachusetts
Jukka,

Thanks for the thoughts....your site is a good start, there is so much information to input and list, it will be a task that will require a bunch of work for you. Hope you have lots of time! I have just started inputting my stats into a database, it's a tedious process, although once I get more info inputted it will feel like I have done something.
I have enjoyed the cross talk and sharing of information in the other posts, you guys are waaaaaaay ahead of me! I cannot wait to see the site as it progesses.

Regards,
David

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello UsaUsa!

You are quite right. One problem is too: there has been so many tournaments with no full records remained, only the best scorers.

I have been collecting stuff from these tournaments since 1996, so I have rather lot oexperinece from this!:shakehead

All the best
Jukka

David Martinez

Sep 27, 2006
Massachusetts
Hi guys!

All valid points, but if you cover the major tournaments, say the
WC and Olympics, that would be a good start...just thinking out loud you know....it's fun and frustrating collecting the data going back to past Championships. I have the most success buying the old IIHF yearbooks, but I am still missing 3 of them. Unfortunately these guides only go back to the late 70's anyway...keep up the good work!

Regards,

David Martinez

usausa

Aug 6, 2006
Where ever wont get
Hello UsaUsa!

You are quite right. One problem is too: there has been so many tournaments with no full records remained, only the best scorers.

I have been collecting stuff from these tournaments since 1996, so I have rather lot oexperinece from this!:shakehead

All the best
Jukka

Yes, there are tournaments where records arent kept well and newspapers dont have them. Best bet with newspapers are microfilm, which is at my local library. If there are dtaes and tourneys we wat, I'll go check it out and see. Im only 14 and just started a year ago! This is what is great about collecting though is all the neat facts and stats.

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello UsaUsa!

Unfortunately I don't. Besides the IIHF tournaments, I have been collecting info mostly about the national champions of the IIHF medal winning countries (Russia/USSR, Sweden, Czech/Czechoslovakia/Bohemia, Finland, Great Britain, West Germany/Germany, Switzerland, Austria). But that info is unfortunately mostly the champion team of the year and/or final standings.

I have been collecting info about the Allan Cup winners too (mostly about those, which have been the Team Canadas). USA is a bit more difficult case, I know McNaughton Cup to have been the US amateur championship trophy. But there has been other ones too, hasn't there?

All right, this is, what I have so far!

All the best
Jukka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->