World Hockey Championships on TV in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
This is probably the first time when fans here in North America are truly interested in the World Championships, since there is no NHL. I hope you get coverage...I possibly won't be able to watch most of the games, because it looks like I'll be doing field work in northern Ontario at the time :(

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN announced they will broadcast some USA games. While ESPN hardly shows any hockey, I think they do still have some respect for hockey fans, and would show it. Plus, all of the games will be in the daytime, when few other programming options are available.

In addition, didn't ESPN 2 show some of the USA games last year in the WOrld Championships? I could have sworn I saw some, when I was in Florida last May.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
My big beef with ESPN is they only show the USA games for the WJC. Once the USA is out of the tournament, they don't show another game. Hockey fans in the USA want to see hockey, any kind of hockey, this year more than ever. You don't just drop the tournament coverage because the USA loses. :shakehead

Lost Kangaroo

Jun 4, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
As I recall there was a lot of people yelling we should get on the phone and email ESPN when they said they were not going to televise the finals of the world juniors because the US was not in it. But ESPN had stated before the WJC started that they would only air as far as the US went. Now I was as upset as anyone not to be able to see the finals and I was one of the people pissed off and emailing ESPN requesting that the air it. My point is, instead of waiting till a few days before, we should start peppering ESPN right now with requests for coverage. Let us be heard now and not the day of, or the day before, when they already have their broadcast schedule set. Here's to hoping for full coverage.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

i sent in a request at the time of the aforementioned peppering... you never know with espn, though, a WNBA preseason game may pre-empt hockey.

drhughes1

Aug 18, 2004
No Listings on ESPN.COM

TV listings for the dates of the World Championships do not show any listings at ESPN, so it looks like it will not be on in the US. I cannot imagine any other network picking this up, but would be pleasantly surprised if they did.

Time to order my Canadian satallite tv and install it in Boston. Anyone have any advice? I know that I need to have my address listed as a Canadian address and I have a friend who installs them who can ship me the equipment so that is not a problem.

espo*

drhughes1 said:
TV listings for the dates of the World Championships do not show any listings at ESPN, so it looks like it will not be on in the US. I cannot imagine any other network picking this up, but would be pleasantly surprised if they did.

Time to order my Canadian satallite tv and install it in Boston. Anyone have any advice? I know that I need to have my address listed as a Canadian address and I have a friend who installs them who can ship me the equipment so that is not a problem.
Wish i could help you but i have no idea how to make that work.I will say there HAS to be a way.Go to the tech geek lounge as they call it.You may get your answer there.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
nikki9 said:
In Canada, we get them all!!!!haha

i want to live there...i live in new jersey...here they cover local football more then hockey...it's a joke..i don't get any AHL or college games on a consistent basis...I have seriously seen 12 live hockey games on TV since the cup last year...bunch of world cup, small number of college and like 5 wolf pack ahl games...it's such a joke...I wouldn't be suprised if ESPN shows nothing...this sucks...does anyone know any possible way to see games online or any other suggestions?

MassiveHabs

Jan 10, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
nyrmessier011 said:
i want to live there...i live in new jersey...here they cover local football more then hockey...it's a joke..i don't get any AHL or college games on a consistent basis...I have seriously seen 12 live hockey games on TV since the cup last year...bunch of world cup, small number of college and like 5 wolf pack ahl games...it's such a joke...I wouldn't be suprised if ESPN shows nothing...this sucks...does anyone know any possible way to see games online or any other suggestions?

It's the same here in Central PA. ESPN needs to start showing some hockey...I don't understand it...they have the same repeats of stupid boring **** but no hockey...WTF!!?!?!?! :madfire:

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
nyrmessier011 said:

Believe me, you'd rather live in Canada!!!And to watch online, the only thing I know of is how to watch the Russian games, I believe that russiantvonline.com will be showing them and it's 9 bucks a month to subscribe.

NYIsles1*

The joke is on hockey fans who like it or not have to face reality. Why should Espn show a hockey game over anything?

Poker get's better ratings than hockey, so do other events. Espn shows what makes the most money for them and that is exactly what they should televise.

I don't like it but this is what it is.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
I have a Expressvu 5800 that I would be willing to sell. It is a PVR and is in great condition. I don't use it as I upgraded to a different model receiver.

PM me.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Steveorama said:
Tonight on ESPN...Amish rake fights!! Woo Hoo!
Don't give them any ideas.

Next month WGN (Chicago) is going to start showing "Extreme Arena Paintball". Seriously. I saw the comercials this afternoon. :shakehead

Is there any station broadcasting the games on the internet that we can listen to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->