------------------------
In Mats Sundin we trust -
prediction: 3-1 Sweden

This will be a great one! :yo: :)

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
In Kiprusoff we trust!

I'd say 3-2 for FINLAND. Kiprusoff is not going to have a clean sheet tonight but he will play good! :cheers:

gib

Feb 3, 2004
5-6................to Finland! :lol:

What a great evening ahed. First Finland-Sweden :jump: then Canada-Russia :banana: :D This is hockey baybe! :yo:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Fortunately this is not a play-off game - watching it would be about as bad as watching Nagano '98 quarter-finals, I think I had like 5 heartattacks during the last 12 seconds alone.

Still, I'm already about as relaxed as a guitar chord - a definite nitro game coming up this evening, a healthy dose of alcohol before/during the game is the only way to keep me from shitting myself.

Best rivalry ever.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Leo Naphta said:
Sweden wins 6-5. ;)

Sweden is reportedly making one change in the lineup: Ragnarsson will be a healthy scratch and will be replaced by Tärnström.
Oooh yeah ;) even less toughness in an intense game, smart call by Hardy :lol

3-1 Finland.

Hentunen
Sundin
Jokinen
Lehtinen

gib

Feb 3, 2004
mattihp said:
Oooh yeah ;) even less toughness in an intense game, smart call by Hardy :lol

matti, before laughing at Hardy look what Summanen did! He did drop J.Ruutu out of the roster and did repalce him with Laaksonen. I think that is not a very good improvement in toughnes point of wiew? :banghead: Now when we are without both Nieminen and Ruutu, swedes and espacially Marcus Nilson will show us how to play physical.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
gib said:
matti, before laughing at Hardy look what Summanen did! He did drop J.Ruutu out of the roster and did repalce him with Laaksonen. I think that is not a very good improvement in toughnes point of wiew? :banghead: Now when we are without both Nieminen and Ruutu, swedes and espacially Marcus Nilson will show us how to play physical.
Well... Difference is that Finland nowadays deploys an aggressive game overall. You can even see our smurfs handing out hits and fighting among the boards. Sure we won't have that top range mean sob, but that doesn't mean that we aren't overall better in the agressive department than Sweden. Tuomo will probably be around to deal some nice big hits, but we will be lacking one mean bastardo and one of the two formidable options we have should have been dressed, but we are still pretty strong.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I'm really starting to dislike Summanen's choices, he scratches one of the best young stay-at-home d-man in Väänänen in favor of that 6'4 pylon Berg who was single-handedly responsible for Germany's 3 most dangerous scoring chances.

Then play likes of Eloranta and Koivu instead of Ruutu and Nieminen who are absolutely required to give Sweden's superoffense something else to think about??

I don't like it at all.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
mattihp said:
You can even see our smurfs handing out hits and fighting among the boards. Tuomo will probably be around to deal some nice big hits, but we will be lacking one mean bastardo and one of the two formidable options we have should have been dressed, but we are still pretty strong.

If looking how big sized team Sweden is, you sure notice that our smurfs aren`t going to terrify anybody. I would like to see when Kapanen or Hentunen try to tacle Sundin or Forsberg. Now we are trying to match swedes with skills, instead of concentraiting those things we are good at.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
gib said:
If looking how big sized team Sweden is, you sure notice that our smurfs aren`t going to terrify anybody. I would like to see when Kapanen or Hentunen try to tacle Sundin or Forsberg. Now we are trying to match swedes with skills, instead of concentraiting those things we are good at.
Take a look at some of their sized players... It's not like hit scared Forsberg is going to scare anyone. Niksu could take him out in this state :lol

gib

Feb 3, 2004
mattihp said:
Take a look at some of their sized players... It's not like hit scared Forsberg is going to scare anyone. Niksu could take him out in this state :lol

My english is so bad that I don`t fully understand what your are saying :lol But I was saying that we wont get benefit of being more physical team, cause there aren`t enough big and physical players on the roster. Usually when being more physical team on ice, you get lot`s of benefit about that.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
gib said:
My english is so bad that I don`t fully understand what your are saying :lol But I was saying that we wont get benefit of being more physical team, cause there aren`t enough big and physical players on the roster. Usually when being more physical team on ice, you get lot`s of benefit about that.
Well... If we get a late lead, we have to hope that Mats Sundin doesn't take care of the scared bunnyrabbit Hardy turns into.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
......Anyway what is the most important I am expectin a great game where both teams give their heart and soul for it. Now I stop being a cry baby, because of the selections Summanen maid and just enjoy the game! :)
Go Finland! Go Sweden! :D May the better team win!

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Silly choices by Mr. Summanen. :shakehead

Sweden will win 2 - 0. Both goals will be scored by Sundin. :p:

Unfortunately I am not a beer person. Some of that stuff could probably help a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad