World Cup: Sep 1 GDT - Canada vs. Slovakia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
The Slovak goaltending can't ride int he same golf cart as the Candian goaltending.
That being siad, Brodeur pitches a shutout to get back at Esche for stealing his sunshine. This one ends 3-0.

Lecavalier
Richards
Doan

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
TSN says that Draper will replace Morrow, and Hannan comes in for Jovanovski.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
go kim johnsson said:
Slovakia argueably has the most firepower in the world, even without Palffy and Bondra. This team is loaded with 30 goal scorers, they will lost because of their defense, and this will be a high-scoring game (I also doubt Brodeur will play)

Canada 7 Slovakia 4

Are you serious dude??
Of course Brodeur will play, and the score will be nowhere near that.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
WOOOOOO!!!!! I can;t believe so many on this thread thought Canada would blow this one!!! We win 5-1! This is the biggest romp of the tournament so far!!!!!

GO CANADA!!!! :yo:

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
thome_26 said:
Every team is missing very key players.... Canada is missing 3 of perhaps the top five Dmen in the world (Pronger, Blake, MacInnis) and is about to lose one that is probably in the top 20 in the world (Jovo). Everybody's hurt. This is still probably the best team in Slovakian hockey history.
I think at the last World Championship, Slovakia had most of its best players making that team the truer Team Slovakia than what we're seeing at the World Cup.

Last edited:

Joe_Sakic#19

Good job boys. Gagne Richards St.Louis line played awesome!

ehc73

Jan 18, 2003
Coquitlam, BC
Visit site
Canuck21t said:
I think at the last World Championship, Slovakia had most of its best players making it that team the truer Team Slovakia than what we're seeing at the World Cup.

A lot of the Slovakia players are injured right now, so this isn't indicative of their best people.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
ehc73 said:
A lot of the Slovakia players are injured right now, so this isn't indicative of their best people.
Did you not read my post carefully or is it because my sentense was full of gramatical mistakes? If it's the latter, I'm sorry for my poor English, it's not my first language.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Canadian_man said:
WOOOOOO!!!!! I can;t believe so many on this thread thought Canada would blow this one!!! We win 5-1! This is the biggest romp of the tournament so far!!!!!

GO CANADA!!!! :yo:

I'd consider Finland beating Czech 4-0 to be a bigger one since the other team did not score at all and the difference was 4 goals.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
This was reasonably solid from Canada. I love seeing no Maltby. Ryan Smyth does the job nicely. Chara and Stana cannot play at last nights level for the Slovaks to compete.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
psycho_dad said:
I'd consider Finland beating Czech 4-0 to be a bigger one since the other team did not score at all and the difference was 4 goals.
The Czech Finn game was the worst game of the tourney so far. To have a contest both teams must at least give some effort.

High flyin' Habs*

I didnt even see the game!!! And the worst part is that I didin't even see the highlights!!!! :banghead:

High flyin' Habs*

e-e said:
i believe that it will be a good game a slovakia takes the win.
4:2 slovakia (gaborik, hossa, chara, bartecko - iggy, iggy)
go slovakia go! :yo:
I taught id bring this one up. :lol How could people possibly think that Slovakia would win??

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Kronblom said:
Why not, that result wasn´t so surprising. At least not to us europeans.
Look at the rosters. If you want to bring up nationalities, I'm married to a European, and neither of us are all that impressed with Finland.

I think the Czechs themselves thought all they'd have to do was show up, judging from how they played.

ANYWAY, the point is you can't assume results, and it seems some people expect certain teams to simply steamroll everyone. :shakehead

High flyin' Habs*

Kronblom said:
Why not, that result wasn´t so surprising. At least not to us europeans.
Agreed. Finland over Czhech republic isn't that surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad