World Cup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadPool

Jan 1, 2004
I noticed something intriguing about The World Cup in an article published in early December:

---------
Zurich, Switzerland -- The World Cup of Hockey (WCH) 2004 Organizing Committee announced today that team rosters for the upcoming WCH 2004 tournament will be released in mid-May and the size of each roster will be set at 26 players (23 skaters, 3 goalies).

Coming out of today's meeting, the initial February 1, 2004 announcement date for team roster selections was changed to on, or around, May 15. The exact date in May will be announced at later time once the 2004 Stanley Cup playoff dates are determined. The WCH 2004 Organizing Committee also announced that each team roster will consist of 23 skaters and three goaltenders, with three of the 26 players to be under the age of 22. The teams will dress 18 skaters and two goalies for each game.
--------

3 players under the age of 22???? Canada doesn't have many GREAT players under 22 right now. Here are my guesses:

1-Rick Nash (a lock even if he wouldn't be under 22)
2-Marc-André Fleury (probable 3rd goalie)
3-Sidney Crosby

I know Crosby is too young but who else could replace him on the squad???? Jason Spezza?

What about the other countries??? Russia has Alex O and Ilya Kovalchuk under 22. What about Sweden, USA, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany and Finland???

dem

Mar 17, 2002
DeadPool said:
I noticed something intriguing about The World Cup in an article published in early December:

---------
Zurich, Switzerland -- The World Cup of Hockey (WCH) 2004 Organizing Committee announced today that team rosters for the upcoming WCH 2004 tournament will be released in mid-May and the size of each roster will be set at 26 players (23 skaters, 3 goalies).

Coming out of today's meeting, the initial February 1, 2004 announcement date for team roster selections was changed to on, or around, May 15. The exact date in May will be announced at later time once the 2004 Stanley Cup playoff dates are determined. The WCH 2004 Organizing Committee also announced that each team roster will consist of 23 skaters and three goaltenders, with three of the 26 players to be under the age of 22. The teams will dress 18 skaters and two goalies for each game.
--------

3 players under the age of 22???? Canada doesn't have many GREAT players under 22 right now. Here are my guesses:

3-Sidney Crosby

I know Crosby is too young but who else could replace him on the squad???? Jason Spezza?

What about the other countries??? Russia has Alex O and Ilya Kovalchuk under 22. What about Sweden, USA, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany and Finland???

You think Canada doesnt have many great players under 22? Try and think of any for other countries =P

Anyway... I think maybe Bouwmeester will be there for Canada. Crosby certainly isnt going to be there!

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
DeadPool said:

---------

--------

3-Sidney Crosby

For Canada: Nash, Bouwmeester and Fleury or Weiss, Staal, Bergeron
Russia: Kovalchuk, Chistov, Ovechkin!? Semin, Malkin!?
Sweden: Steen, Sjostrom, Nilsson
Czech: Hudler, Hemsky, Olesz!?
Finland: Ruutu, Pitkanen, Koivu, Lehtonen
Switzerland: Stephan, Bärtschi, Forster or Ramholt
Deutschland: Seidenberg, Goc, ?
Slovakia: Baranka, Ruzicka, Spirko
USA: ???

DeadPool

Jan 1, 2004
Bouwmeester is an intriguing choice. I can imagine Gretzky passing him over for the 'flashier' Crosby choice.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
DeadPool said:
Bouwmeester is an intriguing choice. I can imagine Gretzky passing him over for the 'flashier' Crosby choice.

Dude.. Crosby is NOT going to be there. He will still have a season before he is even drafted!

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
For Canada: Nash, Bouwmeester and Fleury or Weiss, Staal, Bergeron
Russia: Kovalchuk, Chistov, Ovechkin!? Semin, Malkin!?
Sweden: Steen, Sjostrom, Nilsson
Czech: Hudler, Hemsky, Olesz!?
Finland: Ruutu, Pitkanen, Koivu, Lehtonen
Switzerland: Stephan, Bärtschi, Forster or Ramholt
Deutschland: Seidenberg, Goc, ?
Slovakia: Baranka, Ruzicka, Spirko
USA: ???
First of all, I don`t believe this info. What`s your source DeadPool?

Czech: Hudler, Hemsky, Michalek
No Switzerland
Slovakia:Budaj(late 82, will be under 22), Milan Jurcina, Tomas Slovak or Igor Pohanka

AEKaki

Ego said:
First of all, I don`t believe this info. What`s your source DeadPool?

Czech: Hudler, Hemsky, Michalek
No Switzerland
Slovakia:Budaj(late 82, will be under 22), Milan Jurcina, Tomas Slovak or Igor Pohanka

I am not sure, but it might be somewhere in TSN's site (even in other sites).
I heard it on sportsdesk or that's hockey.
I remember it very well because the words "USA hockey is not pleased with the decision".

It is true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->