World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SopelFan*

Anyone heard of the Sedins? What did Sami Pahlsson do to play so much?

Poikilitic

Apr 1, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Mr. Penguin said:
Could someone translate this, please. Mig Svenska inte bra. :help:

Foppa: "Det är synd att vi är så bedrövliga. Vi släpper till och de får 2-0 och så kontrar de mycket bra, försökte Foppa förklara fiaskot för TV3."

"Hardy Nilsson tänker sitta kvar på sin post, om han själv får bestämma.
- Vi har uppnått hyggliga resultat de senaste åren och jag tycker fortfarande att det är kul, säger förbundskaptenen till TV3."
Forsberg and Nilsson are saying the same thing. That they didnt show up. That they played misarebly

I take classes. But my Swedish is rusty.

Badman

Jul 10, 2004
Stavanger, Norway
Mr. Penguin said:
Could someone translate this, please. Mig Svenska inte bra. :help:

Foppa: "Det är synd att vi är så bedrövliga. Vi släpper till och de får 2-0 och så kontrar de mycket bra, försökte Foppa förklara fiaskot för TV3."

"Hardy Nilsson tänker sitta kvar på sin post, om han själv får bestämma.
- Vi har uppnått hyggliga resultat de senaste åren och jag tycker fortfarande att det är kul, säger förbundskaptenen till TV3."
-----------------------

Foppa: Too bad we were so poor. We let them get a 2-0 lead, and after that they counterattacked us very well, is Foppa's way of explaining the fiasco for TV3.

"Hardy Nilsson will remain as coach, if he gets to decide himself.
- We have accomplished some good results these last years and I still think it's fun, the coach told TV3.

Badman

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
First of all, congratulations to the Czech team for giving us a lesson in the art of hockey (I hope we'll do the homework and bounce back in the future sometime), and the Czech fans for being fans for having something to look forward to, I'm sure they can give Canada a run for the money in the semis. Congrats! :handclap:

As for Sweden's performance, I'm speechless, there's not much to say. It was horrible, terrible, embarrassing, humiliating, just un unbelievable poor performance. To me this feels as embarrassing as the loss to Belarus did, losing to the Czechs itself is nothing to be embarrassed about as they're a great team, but the way we lost sure is, and also the final score. If it had ended 2-3 or 1-3 or something, that's fine I guess, but 1-6, that's way too humiliating. This feels like one of the most embarrassing moments ever in the history of Swedish hockey. Feels like a team from Allsvenskan (Swedish Tier-2 league) would do better out there, at least they'd show more heart than these guys did!

:shakehead :banghead: :cry: :blush:

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Badman said:
-----------------------

Foppa: Too bad we were so poor. We let them get a 2-0 lead, and after that they counterattacked us very well, is Foppa's way of explaining the fiasco for TV3.

"Hardy Nilsson will remain as coach, if he gets to decide himself.
- We have accomplished some good results these last years and I still think it's fun, the coach told TV3.

Badman

Thanks Badman. :bow:

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
This game left myself quite speechless, I would never have believed I´ll see so outplayed Sweden :amazed: ! But conguralations for Czecks, after this I wouldn´t be surprised to see them taking the cup :bow: .

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
D-iceman said:
The finns are having big probs with the germs. Guess the match against Sweden was too much for the finns...

Yeah, but luckily Sweden was so fresh tonight. :D

D-iceman said:
The only positive thing i can find in this game is that Finland won't have a chance against Czech Republic either. Now if they will ever play each other.

Heh, you sound quite a bitter. Too bad that Sweden won`t play a game anymore in this tournament.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Back on page one of this thread I wrote:
VanIslander said:
Their powerplay is magnificent but they had serious trouble 5-on-5 against Finland so I too think Czech has the horses to get it done.

6-2 Czech win.

(Though neither team will be in the final I predict.)
I take no pleasure in being right.

(Okay, a little bit... but I like Forsberg, Ohlund, Sundin, etc so it hurts too.)

Give me credit. I darn near hit the nail on the head with my prediction!

By the way, my pre-tourney prediction stands: Canada over Finland in the final 4-1.

Last edited:

KungFuPenguin

Sep 26, 2002
Visit site
As bad as team Sweden was, too little has been said about the Czech team. They played a near-perfect game. Their complete dismantling of Sweden's offence was stunning in its efficiency, and they took advantage of our terrible defense to score some beautiful goals.

Credit where credit's due.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Dolemite said:
What I never understood is why Hardy stuck with Tellqvist.

Hardy was the coach for Djurgården, Tellqvist played for Djurgården. Hardy always favour players from DIF. Simple as that, I would have played Lundqvist too..

md17

Simple put, Hardy didn't have the balls. He should have played Lundqvist. He has shown plenty enough in SEL and WC's.
Not that it had made any difference in this game, but it tells something about cranky ol' Hardy. He should step down. Besides, IMO he hasn't really been able to build any kind of consistent, recognisable game-plan for his Tre Kronor. The torpedo was quickly forgotten, and I have no idea what he was going for after that. Seems like he has just been trying to adjust to the players he's had in each tournament rather than trying to make the players play his game.
This is just a casual opinion from a casual Tre Kronor anti-fan, but I'll take a shot anyways, since Hardy is such a juicy target right now :)

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
SergeIK and me actually agree on something, that's a first:
I wouldn't be that hard on Tre Kronor because Czechs played some brilliant hockey. They played hard, weren't intimidated, the defence was very organized and discplined... anyone else think Malik was rock solid? And the puck movement, prettiest hockey I've seen for a long long time, sure looks easy when you got the skill and the whole team is working together. If they can keep that up, they'll beat Canada in semis. Seriously.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think many in the team expected someone else to do it, and when some of those "someone else" didn't perform everything kinda collapsed. Shaky goaltending and defense didn't help. Very few Swedish players performed as we have the right to expect.

Only bright spot for Sweden in this whole tournament was powerplay. And that is not enough in a short tournament like this.

Credit to the Czech though. They know this style of play (get and early lead and counterattack their opponents) very well. They looked good the last 7 periods, so hope they can continue playing well and give Canada a good match.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Well, I'm taking the 10,001th view of this thread.

Pointless when you consider that neither team will be in the final. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->