World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
a lot of focus on the goalies, but it is actually the defense thas has sucked terribly so far in this game :)
and Markus Näslund, oh my oh my.. bench him already.

The Czechs are looking really strong...

rival

Feb 15, 2004
Victoria
SopelFan said:
The Swedes are losing because they haven't played the Sedins. ;)

Even though I think you're being sarcastic you'd have to admit they could really use a pair of guys guaranteed to keep the puck in the other end.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
2-0 to the Czechs. Right on schedule. 3 or 4 shots on goal for Sweden, including the first few shots in the first shift and the 1.45 minutes of powerplay. As expected the defensive play is virtually nonexistant and they are sloppy in the neutral zone. I wouldn't want to be Tellqvist after this one, it will be a blowout and he'll end up looking stupid on a lot of the goals that the poor defense really caused.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Mr. Penguin said:
I know Sweden wants this win more and this tournament means much more to Sweden than it means to Czech.

Why do Czech have number 21 on their shirts then? Doesn't that mean anything for them?

SopelFan*

rival said:
Even though I think you're being sarcastic you'd have to admit they could really use a pair of guys guaranteed to keep the puck in the other end.
No, I'm serious. Pahlsson and Johansson? Play the Sedins.

SopelFan*

Shack said:
Why do Czech have number 21 on their shirts? Doesn't that mean anything for them?
Coach Ivan Hlinka died 2 weeks before the World Cup and used to wear #21.

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
A 2-0 score line to the Czech's isn't that surprising. We all know they played extremely poorly in the round robin, but what does that matter now. They just need to win this game to wash al those poor performances away. But having said that, the form sweden showed in opening round suggested they would be a force in these knock out stages.... its still all to play for and either way a talented side will progress and one will go out. I think sweden will come back to squeak it in the late stages of the third.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Everyone raise your hand if you care what Greg Millen thinks.

Thought so. I wish he'd just shut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad