World Cup QF: Sep 7 GDT - Sweden vs. Czech Rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Well, I think Sweden is the favorite, but the Czechs seem to be playing better and better. Home ice should be an advantage though. Short win by Sweden or large victory for the Czechs.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I'm never excited when my birth/homeland is playing, but rather scared and shaky!

SChan*

Shack said:
½ hours before the puck drops. I'm even more excited than I was last night. :banana:

I am not surprised. The finns would really enjoy a swedish loss.

Raipe

May 25, 2004
SectionX said:
I am not surprised. The finns would really enjoy a swedish loss.

If you look germany vs Finland thread ,i think swedes hope more finland to lose than finns hope swedes lose.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
wilka91 said:
I'm never excited when my birth/homeland is playing, but rather scared and shaky!

Wlka91, do you have a Czech lineup for today's game?

SopelFan*

Elias to Havlat. Beauty. 2-0.

The Swedes are losing because they haven't played the Sedins. ;)

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Gaaah! Someone got lucky that it didn't turn 2-0 short-handed.

But...that was a nice play by Havlat to get that goal. Tellqvist bought the winger going wide, hook-line and sinker.

Not looking good to be down at home and playing listless hockey to boot.

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
Oh crap. It's 2-0 now. :shakehead

Oh and by the way, I am a Finn and I really hope that Sverige would win this game. I know Sweden wants this win more and this tournament means much more to Sweden than it means to Czech.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I've caught about 6 minutes of this game and it's apparent the Swedes are playing read-and-react out there. They're not doing anything until they see what the Czechs do first...and that's a sure-fire way to lose a game at any level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad