GDT: World Cup of Hockey talk

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Post from the MB from "ijuka" which confirms my eye test (Regarding Aho's line constantly being countered with McDavid):

On this topic of sheltering, McDavid's top 3 5v5 ice time against:

1. Sebastian Aho
2. Aleksander Barkov
3. Patrik Laine

And they all were actually better in corsi than the rest of their team. Take Patrik Laine, for example. Connor McDavid had 72.22% Corsi when he was on the ice and 81.82% Corsi when he wasn't. Sebastian Aho's corsi is the best of this bunch.

Then we dig a little deeper and look at defensemen and well, this is pretty alarming right here... Rasmus Ristolainen had the second-most play time against McDavid(After Lindell) and McDavid had 92.31% Corsi when Ristolainen was on the ice and 62.50% when he wasn't.

Hence, I'm starting to feel like the forward line wasn't the biggest issue here(Even though I think that changes should be made)... And also that this line didn't get sheltered. It actually played the toughest minutes. It just inexplicably played very few minutes.

Aho didn't have the greatest game... But he and his line saw extremely tough minutes and actually stifled McDavid.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Three things I like:

side shows
money grabs
tournaments

Another thing I like:

Hockey

Put them all together and there's not much for me to dislike.

I agree w/BBA, who gives a **** about the money aspect....personally, I hope this continues to grow in popularity and importance to the players. I'd like to see it moved up by about a week or two so that there was less conflict w/training camps and also to help with any minor injuries.

Still, I've enjoyed watching the "rough around the edges" Traverse City tournament significantly more because of my parochial interest in the Canes.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Today I learned that Kevin Weekes calls Raleigh "Raleighwood"

As a Raleigh native, I've never heard that nickname ever.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I've thought TT's game today has been much better than the first couple of exhibition games.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Both Aho and Teräväinen were very good today. Sadly the tournament is already over for the Finns. They woke up a little too late.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Atleast Aho and Teräväinen will be back for training camp soon.

65646991.jpg

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
this is a bad game and torts sucks

chris chelios would be better at defenseman for the us than at commentary

BUT

he could totally pass for tony danza in a who's the boss reunion

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Let's face it, Canada has better players. Period. Short of some bad bounces or a goalie going full-God mode....Canada will win almost all of these.

It doesn't help that Quick hasn't been very good at all.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Let's face it, Canada has better players. Period. Short of some bad bounces or a goalie going full-God mode....Canada will win almost all of these.

It doesn't help that Quick hasn't been very good at all.

How many on the World Cup roster would even make Canada's "B" team?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Phil Kessel the Burninator. Wouldn't have minded a similar tweet from Faulk.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Phil Kessel the Burninator. Wouldn't have minded a similar tweet from Faulk.

I doubt Faulk would ever do that, doesn't seem like the type of person. One other difference is that Faulk is 24 and still has to be in the good graces of Team USA as there will be more chances for him to represent team USA. Kessel is about to turn 29 and is getting to a point where his chances for international play is dwindling so he has less to lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad