World Cup Final: Sep 14 GDT - Finland vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

High flyin' Habs*

-_- said:
RDS.ca

It says that Brodeur will be between the pipes tonight, it's confirm !

Hope we'll have a increadible game tonight !
GO CANADA GO !

Well thats some good news!!! Let's hope he's a 100%!

Kravitch

smoothskater said:
If Finland wins today will it be the biggest upset in Canada's hockey history?

No, not even close. Finalnd is a solid team with great goaltending and hard nose play. It will be a great game, but no matter who wins it won't or shouldn't be an upset.

Besides, nothing comes close to Canada's loss to Kazakhstan at the '98 WJHC. :shakehead

High flyin' Habs*

Kravitch said:
No, not even close. Finalnd is a solid team with great goaltending and hard nose play. It will be a great game, but no matter who wins it won't or shouldn't be an upset.

Besides, nothing comes close to Canada's loss to Kazakhstan at the '98 WJHC. :shakehead

Kazakhstan?? :lol

High flyin' Habs*

Jack Canuck said:
2-0 Canada, the second goal being an empty netter.

There's no way Kiprusoff gets a shotout against Canada, im not being biased just realistic. (im not even canadian)

BeerTuzzi

Nov 27, 2003
This will not be an easy game for Canada at all. In fact I would say there really is no advantage on either side. Anyone could win this game... Most Canadians were predicting a blowout in the czech game and look what happened. I am nervous as hell about this one as I am with most of Canadas opponents. The Finns could easily take this one and Canada shouldn't consider that an upset if it happens.

In any case... Go Canada Go.

High flyin' Habs*

This is probably the last real hockey we'll see for a long time guys. Let's enjoy this game no matter the outcome.

Kravitch

I remember being all hyped up about this tournament 5 months ago and now were only mere hours away from the final drop of the puck!

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
The way people are talking about Kipper you'd think he's proven he's better then Brodeur. Marty has so much more experience, the best stats in the tourney and despite an iffy wrist is easily the better netminder.

If Brodeur plays Canada wins easily, if not we see a repeat of the Czech game as Quinn tries to make-up for Marty's absence with some ill-timed line matchups. I don't think Finland has the offensive power the Czech's do, so they'll have to limit Canada to under 3 goals...and they aren't playing against Tellqvist in this one.

High flyin' Habs*

westcoast said:
The way people are talking about Kipper you'd think he's proven he's better then Brodeur. Marty has so much more experience, the best stats in the tourney and despite an iffy wrist is easily the better netminder.

If Brodeur plays Canada wins easily, if not we see a repeat of the Czech game as Quinn tries to make-up for Marty's absence with some ill-timed line matchups. I don't think Finland has the offensive power the Czech's do, so they'll have to limit Canada to under 3 goals...and they aren't playing against Tellqvist in this one.

Brodeur is playing.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
In case you didn't know, Hagman will take Eloranta's place alonside Kapanen and Hentunen and Eloranta will take Nieminen's place alongside Hahl and Ruutu.

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
smoothskater said:
There's no way Kiprusoff gets a shotout against Canada, im not being biased just realistic. (im not even canadian)
He said that Canada would win 2-0. That would be Brodeur's shutout. ;)

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
Jussi said:
In case you didn't know, Hagman will take Eloranta's place alonside Kapanen and Hentunen and Eloranta will take Nieminen's place alongside Hahl and Ruutu.

Ruutu should give Canada a couple Power Plays.

Pablo

Mar 11, 2004
Oulu, Finland
smoothskater said:
If Finland wins today will it be the biggest upset in Canada's hockey history?
I would predict if Finland wins this board will have many posts like leafs4thecup's:

"Even if we don't win this tourney, on paper, we are the best in the world. People can't deny that, when the Hart trophy, ConnSmythe, Norris, Selke, Vezina, Art Ross, and Jack Adams(Is Torts Canadian?) are all Canadian.

Without that "Even if we don't win this tourney" of course.

High flyin' Habs*

SergeiK said:
Yes. Not even three hours left. Now couple of hours of sleep before the puck drops.

I`m sure that I`ll be very productive in work tomorrow. Not.

Immaging that you oversleep and by the time you wake up its 4-0 Finland with 3 mins left so you think "aaa screw this im going to sleep" so you fall asleep than you wake up just in time to see the Canadian palyers celebrating their second OT game winner! Final score: Canada 5 Finland 4 lol

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
I said that if Team Finland would be able to beat Team USA it would take a all that Team Finland has and a little more. Well, they actually pulled it off. Now, it would take a whole lot more. Last time it was a small miracle. Tonight it would be a big miracle if Team Finland wins Team Canada, the birthplace of ice hockey, game of the gods.

Now, it just so happens that Summanen, like an idiot, has broken our fourth line. J.Ruutu - Hahl - Nieminen is no more and imo that line would have been vital for Team Finland. We still have Kipper. We still have Koivu's and OJ's lines. I'm still expecting to see Team Finland to fight for every puck. Give 100% at each second and show what we are made of. Is that enough? IMO no. Canada will take the trophy away like a grown man would take a lollipop away from a child. So congrats, Canada. Be gentle. ;)

P.S. For the record, I have nothing but respect for Canada and their hockey players. I'm still hoping for that miracle to happen though. :D

Last edited:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I say Canada wins 3-2. I also believe that there are to be no comparisons between Kipper and Brodeur. Kipper has not even shone for a year and everyone treats him as the 2nd coming. I will add that I am Glad it is Finland, out of all countries other than Canada, I respect and like Finland the most. Let's just enjoy the last Nhl level game we will see for awhile. GO CANADA !! :banana:

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
westcoast said:
The way people are talking about Kipper you'd think he's proven he's better then Brodeur.

Whoa....I don't think anyone has given that impression.

The point some people are trying to make is that Kiprusoff can be better than Brodeur in a one game situation.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Padawan said:
I said that if Team Finland would be able to beat Team USA it would take a all that Team Finland has and a little more. Well, they actually pulled it off. Now, it would take a whole lot more. Last time it was a small miracle. Tonight it would be a big miracle if Team Finland wins Team Canada, the birthplace of ice hockey, game of the gods.

Now, it just so happens that Summanen, like an idiot, has broken our fourth line. J.Ruutu - Hahl - Nieminen is no more and imo that line would have been vital for Team Finland. We still have Kipper. We still have Koivu's and OJ's lines. I'm still expecting to see Team Finland to fight for every puck. Give 100% at each second and show what we are made of. Is that enough? IMO no. Canada will take the trophy away like a grown man would take a lollipop away from a child. So congrats, Canada. Be gentle. ;)

P.S. For the record, I have nothing but respect for Canada and their hockey players. I'm still hoping for that miracle to happen though. :D

I think we were being out hustled by the Czechs. If Finland gives 'er for 60 mins., who knows. As Sammi Kapanen proved in the playoffs, Finns have huge hearts and have no fear going after the big boys. Good luck !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad