2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Unbiased Canadian said:
I hope the game goes down as a classic.

2-1 Canada.

If Finland wins it's Miracle on Ice II

Unbiased Canadian

Miracle on Ice 2? What are you talking about? You greatly underestimate Finland by giving it that label.

Augustus

Dec 2, 2003
Roma in my soul.
Visit site
I think Canada is a slight favourite, but Finland (with that goalie of theirs) can certainly take the Cup. They are both skill teams.

I fear that we may not see much of this skill in a tight checking, low scoring, low chances game, like the US/Suomi semifinal.

Would I rather see Canada win a 1-0 yawner, or Finland win a back and forth 6-5 game?

The purist in me wants to see an exciting game with lots of chances, but I'll take a Canadian win in whatever form.

GO CANADA! :handclap:

(But I can't get even a minimal hate up for the classy Finns)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
2-1 Finland

I can't see Kiprusoff getting beat any more than twice.

Schenn02

Dec 7, 2003
abroad
Visit site
Jyssy said:
Game starts 2 a.m here. Im "feeling sick" and unfortunately i have to miss school tomorrow :lol

LOL thats the way to go! I hope you Finns enjoy stayin up that late!

I predict a tough game...if Marty is in net, we shall win but if Luongo is in net, then there's a possibility. Brodeur vs Kipper = unpredictable outcome

Luongo vs Kipper = Finns advantage.

Anyway GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3-1!

High flyin' Habs*

go kim johnsson said:
2-1 Finland

I can't see Kiprusoff getting beat any more than twice.

If Brodeur plays I cant see him giving up more than 2 goals neither. I think it will be a close one.

kjri

Mar 18, 2003
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I don't think Kiprusoff will be an important factor in this game. More important to Finland is to stop canucks before the blueline. And get offence. Lemieux+Sakic can score against any goalie.

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
BeLeafer87 said:
LOL thats the way to go! I hope you Finns enjoy stayin up that late!

Actually, I do. It`s kind of a tradition to watch great hockey (NHL) in night time.

I`m gettin sooooo nervous...7 hours.... :help:

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
nic30 said:
K thanks.

he's playing, it was confimed last night by Pierre Maguire. Marty wouldn't miss this game for the World. Too bad we dont have Peca on this team, he shadows Koivu like no one else. I wonder what line they'll use against him. Thornton in a scoring role hasn't done much against him in previous playoff series, but maybe in a checking role, he'll be better.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I'll probably be drinking some Finlandia during the game, so obviously I will be "forced" to root for the Finnish Lions ;)

I hope 2-1 Finland in OT, I expect 4-1 Canada.

DARKSIDE

Nov 17, 2003
Hope Canada wins big. Tired of hearing about these six month wonders as the greatest thing since ice-cream. Enough with the Kippers and the Jiggys, I say Marty!

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
DARKSIDE said:
Hope Canada wins big. Tired of hearing about these six month wonders as the greatest thing since ice-cream. Enough with the Kippers and the Jiggys, I say Marty!

*counts*
September minus 6 months is.. March..Kipper's been hot since.. sometime before Christmas..

weetabix

Sep 6, 2004
yep

-_- said:
RDS.ca

It says that Brodeur will be between the pipes tonight, it's confirm !

Hope we'll have a increadible game tonight !
GO CANADA GO !

So lets hope all together that Finland will win!

Go Finland!

Pat_Habs

Aug 7, 2004
Thorne said:
5,2 million people / 32,5 million people. think about the capacity of Canada.
But it wouldn't be the first time mind goes over matter. :banghead:

So...USA are over 250 million people and they're not in the final.

The main difference between Canada and other countries is the number of great players.

Canada could be build approx. 4 teams to compete for the cup/gold medal in every international tournaments such as World Cup, Olympics and World championships.

Some players who weren't invited for Canada...

Forwards: Bertuzzi, Lindros, Kariya, Tanguay, Nash, Ribeiro, Shanahan, Nolan, Primeau, Murray, Daze, Hartnell, Friesen, Comrie, Peca, Nieuwendyk, Dumont, Madden, Cheechoo, Recchi, O'Neill...

Def: Aucoin, Stevens, Stuart, McCabe, MacInnis, Boyle, Souray, Desjardins, Hill, Mclaren...

Goal: Turco, Giguere, Belfour, Denis, Raycroft, Joseph, Legace, Weekes...

More: Blake, Redden, Jovanovski, Yzerman are injured and we replace them with Hannan, Bouwmeester, Regehr and Lecavalier. We have Maltby, Marleau and Morrow in the scratch list.

So, tonight, Canada will win the Cup with Lemieux/Brodeur great performances!

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Garfield said:
He better be or its lights out for Finland. They can't beat Canada without Kiprusoff being a very improtant factor IMO.

Finland won with Ari Sulander in the net in Nagano, and lost 3-2 in Salt Lake with Jani Hurme I believe. These have been close games for a decade now.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
smoothskater said:
I was wondering if Canada had more people than they do right now, say two times more, I bet that the NHL would be made out of at least 90% canadian players since half of the players in the entire league right now are Canadians. Could you immagine if Canada had the population of the states just how many players would there be to represent the natl. team? there would be so many players for Grtezky to choose from that if it were so I wouldn't like to be in his place!

If Finland had as many people as Canada then they'd have a comparable amount of players in the NHL. As long as there is a good development system in place and a nation likes its hockey, it will produce a high amount of talent per capita. Canada does and so does Finland.

USA just doesn't have the hockey interest of those two countries.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
psycho_dad said:
Finland won with Ari Sulander in the net in Nagano, and lost 3-2 in Salt Lake with Jani Hurme I believe. These have been close games for a decade now.

Team Canada in Nagano was horrible. Hurme certainly was a factor in Salt Lake (2-1). He played very well in that game, Canada outplayed the Finns quite badly.

Its not like I'm saying that Kiprusoff will have to post a shutout with 55 saves. But don't be suprised if he has to make 30-35 saves and can only afford to let in one or two goals, maybe even 0.

Last edited:

High flyin' Habs*

If Finland wins today will it be the biggest upset in Canada's hockey history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->