World Cup: Aug 31 GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Reilly311 said:
a 5-0 romp by the US.
I can't wait to quote this post tomorrow. No way will either team win by such a score. Only a child would predict this.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Komi#1 said:
Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley
Gagné-Richards-St-Louis
Marleau-Draper-Maltby
Morrow-Thornton-Doan

Redden-Jovanovski
Regehr-Niedermayer
Brewer-Foote
Bouwmeester-Hannan

I approve :P

Can Maltby play RW? I didn't think he could...

gohabsgo2010

Feb 28, 2003
sign Patrick Poulin
Thornton can't handle the puck for **** so far. Also seemed disinterested, even if he was "better" against the Slovaks. He doesn't seem so far like he knows a damn thing about playing your heart out for your country. Maybe he's battling something (physically... mentally?), but if he is then he really shouldn't be playing.

I like the practice lines, just sub Doan for Maltby, and J-Bo for Jovo and Canada's set for a 3-1 win. Gagne, Lecavalier(who's been great!), and Draper get the goals.

Reilly311

nomorekids said:
the point is...you can't single reilly out for predicting a blowout..when others are doing it to...just..the other way :)

WOW! People with brains DO exsist on this board!

Knucklez

Jan 1, 2004
Behind the bench!
Visit site
I can't wait to watch hockey again! Especially Canada vs USA, it doesn't get any better :banana:

btw, anybody know where I can find pics of Team Canada in practice, or in the exhibition games? I need to make an avatar for the tourny :)

Go Canada Go!

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Considering I absolutely suck at predictions, I predict this:

The game will be scrapped for a tennis match between Chris Chelios and Shane Doan.

You heard it here first.

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
19bruins19 said:
I can't wait to quote this post tomorrow. No way will either team win by such a score. Only a child would predict this.

Reminds me of the criticism I received when I predicted Tampa would sweep the Habs...

Predictions are merely that, a child can be just as accurate as the most informed poster here.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
10-0 CANADA! IT WILL BE A BLOW OUT!!!! IT WON'T EVEN BE FUNNY!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

I Changed my mind, 2-1 Canada. But both teams will play very solid and it will be a great game.

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
BartG101 said:
Reminds me of the criticism I received when I predicted Tampa would sweep the Habs...

Predictions are merely that, a child can be just as accurate as the most informed poster here.

But what if those predictions are made soely for the purpose being hateful?

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Canadian_man said:
If you think that's the case, you need to report it and let the mods make a decision about it. Griping about it in the thread and attacking other posters only gets the gripers and attackers in trouble.

Friendly advice :)

MLH

Feb 6, 2003
Canadian_man said:

A "hateful" prediction? Now I've heard it all...

dw2927

Feb 13, 2004
Paavola, Mich.
Just for even-ness (if that's even a word)...

I think Canada will win fairly big, pulling away in the 3rd...If Modano and Tkachuk don't have it cranked up by now, I don't see who will be doing the scoring for the USA...i'll go with a 3-0 Canuck win.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
dw2927 said:
Just for even-ness (if that's even a word)...

I think Canada will win fairly big, pulling away in the 3rd...If Modano and Tkachuk don't have it cranked up by now, I don't see who will be doing the scoring for the USA...i'll go with a 3-0 Canuck win.

You don't know who will be doing the scoring? How about pick your poison? Scoring isn't the issue for the U.S.-it's whether the defense can hold and inexperienced goaltending.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Rabid Ranger said:
You don't know who will be doing the scoring? How about pick your poison? Scoring isn't the issue for the U.S.-it's whether the defense can hold and inexperienced goaltending.
I'd have to agree. I'm more impressed with the U.S. forwards than I thought I'd be (and that's saying a LOT, trust me). I was also happy with how Esche's performance the other night sounded, it'll be nice to actually see it and judge for myself, though.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sotnos said:
I'd have to agree. I'm more impressed with the U.S. forwards than I thought I'd be (and that's saying a LOT, trust me). I was also happy with how Esche's performance the other night sounded, it'll be nice to actually see it and judge for myself, though.

Too much has been made over the U.S. team's age, when the focus should be on the skill level and chemistry. The goaltending is a question mark, but Esche and DiPietro have both looked sharp. As for the defense, as long as we don't get bogged down in the defensive zone we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->