World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 4, 2003
Ottawa
Nice play by Straka, however there is a penalty on the play. Vyborny to the box, another PP for FIN.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Two minutes to go. Kipper's hardly seen the puck in the entire period. Timonen tries a wraparound on teammate Vokoun but fails.

A delayed penalty on Czech Rep. Finland get a late PP. Vokoun with yet another save right off the faceoff.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
1-0 Finland after two periods. The Czech team has been very, very poor so far. Except for Vokoun, of course. The Finns should have killed off the game by now.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This has been a pretty boring game. I would have thought at least one of the two teams would be pushing hard and creating SOMETHING.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Matti Eve, the most boring man in Finland, is hosting a game show that could sink a rabid wildcat into instant stupor. Gotta love Tö Vööld Kap.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I don't know what's going on with the Czechs.

It's definetly not the team that beat Sweden on Friday.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Yellowcard said:
This has been a pretty boring game. I would have thought at least one of the two teams would be pushing hard and creating SOMETHING.

Very boring ... :cry:

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
The replay on Malik's SH goalmouth clearance has a story to tell. Jokinen stands completely unimpeded in Vokoun's face but can't get the puck. Ville "Skinny" Peltonen wrestles a Czech defender at the post and somehow very nearly manages to fumble the puck in the net, only for Malik who's been standing idle to somehow wake up and reach for it. For all my life I can't see this Czech team making it any further than QFs.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
wilka91 said:
Very boring ... :cry:

The Czechs have to be the team with the most lazy players of all the teams in that tourney. What a lazy team with no heart! The Finns don't have much talent but they are playing good defence and are checking well. Kipper has a very easy night after 2.

And it is a boring game. Can't wait for Can-USA for some real good hockey! :handclap:

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Jokinen and Peltonen have, together with the goaltenders, been the best players so far in the game.

I also like the play of young Vascisek, he tries to do something and makes a hit now and then. Should be a perfect line with Sykora and Elias, butit haven't clicked yet. A line I think will grow as the tournament goes on.

The czech defense is totally lost, and Zidlicky most of them IMO. He has been nothing of what I've seen of him in the NHL earlier. Kaberle and Hamrlik will be back in the next game, that's for sure. Slegr has been the best in the group.

Teemu Selänne hasn't been good at all. He seems to always be where the puck isn't. When he was in his best shape, he was everywhere with the puck.

Among forwards Niko Kapanen impresses me, he's quick, and when the czechs play as soft as they do, he is brilliant. He is to small for the pysichal play in NHL though, but is a perfect fit in this game. Same goes to Peltonen. Hagman and Ruutu also does their job, very valuable to the team. Misses Nieminen though.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
SOG Finland 11 Czech Rep 4.

Interesting (?) tidbit: Selanne has had both his blades snap clean in two from the same point. Some skate manufacturer with serious QA problems somewhere?

We're off again for the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad