World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Dvorak gets a breakaway shorthanded but misses the net. OH and TIMONEN done a great job of getting back in time.

Two-on-one for the checks. Kiprusoff makes a good save.

Another good save by Vokoun on Koivu. Not sure which one. First name wasn't spoken.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Sykora and Skould on a 2-1 breakaway. Kipper gets the slapshot easily. Right afterwards general chaos in front of the Czech goal but T Ruutu can't bury it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
wilka91 said:
Finland rocked in the 1st, but the simple fact that this game is played on a big surface, means Finland should be disqulified! Or the game should be played in Prague.

Bullsh!t. The rink is definately smaller than international size, you can tell by the gap between the board and the first row of seats on the main camera side.

Perry91502

Dec 23, 2003
I am at work and have no access to TV..does anyone know if any website is doing live play by play of this game??? I am in the States, and would prefer an english speaking site, but thats not necessary, Im sure I could figure out what the site says by looking at names and how the box score is setup etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im here at my desk, and I want to follow the game haha

Thanks in advance!

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Perry91502 said:
I am at work and have no access to TV..does anyone know if any website is doing live play by play of this game??? I am in the States, and would prefer an english speaking site, but thats not necessary, Im sure I could figure out what the site says by looking at names and how the box score is setup etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im here at my desk, and I want to follow the game haha

Thanks in advance!

I'm with perry. help a brother out!

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Czech PP on Jokinen's penalty showed off a lot of fancy but useless puck moving in the perimeter. Nowt comes of it. Next up it's Rucinsky for tripping. Finnish PP is on fire but Vokoun keeps the Czechs in the game. When he fails, Malik clears from the line after Jokinen and Peltonen almost wrestle the puck in.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Puck flutters just on the goal line for the Finns before being pulled out by Malik. Won't go in for some reason. I suspect Vokoun has put up some kind of invisible wall. I will investigate further.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Special teams look good for Finland so far. Koivu's #1 and Jokinen's #2 have both shown good promise in PP. Still, it remains a one goal game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad