World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Hagman had a good chance getting the puck in a turnover. He tried to deke out Vokoun but missed the net. Vokoun just made another pretty good save.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Another horrendous cross pass giveaway in the own end from the Czech team. Jokinen's line wreak havoc for a while but fail to capitalize. Vokoun's there for the save.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Czech defence is soft as a sponge. Finland isn't the most physical team around but they are wrestling them off the puck in the own end. Jokinen delivers a crunching tackle in the boards. One minute to go in the period.

SChan*

Damn swedish tv for sending this game on a channel nobody have. Or atleast it feels like that.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
The Czechs better pick things up in the second or third if they're gonna win this game. Vokoun is playing excellent for the Czech's but as for the rest of team it's a different story.

Czechs had no defence in the first period. The horrible ice makes them look silly out there.

Jokinen and Peltonen have really gotten their chemistries together. Peltonen couldn`t make it in NHL, but looks very good out there tonight.

Too bad Finns could capitalize their scoring chances. This could have been 3-0 so far.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Finland rocked in the 1st, but the simple fact that this game is played on a big surface, means Finland should be disqulified! Or the game should be played in Prague.

The Czechs look lost out there.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
ha, I love how the Finn's have cheerleader's dancing in the aisles during breaks.

This is total dominance. The Finns are playing like the Flames. Defense first, hard checking, speed, causing turnovers. Having Kipper in net doesn't hurt. GO FINLAND

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Damnit, I wish I was at home instead of work right now. Or I at least wish we had cable at work! haha. Good to hear Vokoun is doing well, but not good to hear he's having a lot of rubber tossed at him.

How are Timonen and Zidlicky playing? I am assuming Z-man is not playing well.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Slow motion time. The goal came on Slegr and Skoula, with Slegr the guilty part who failed to clutch Hentunen crashing the crease. Not that they were getting any help from the Vasicek line who were busy watching the puck. To add insult to injury, Kipper's double save on Elias and Vasicek was key for Finland for sure.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
crossxcheck said:
Damnit, I wish I was at home instead of work right now. Or I at least wish we had cable at work! haha. Good to hear Vokoun is doing well, but not good to hear he's having a lot of rubber tossed at him.

How are Timonen and Zidlicky playing? I am assuming Z-man is not playing well.

I haven't really noticed anything at all about the Czech's D besides them constantly turning the puck over.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
The puck trickles not once but twice across the Czech crease. Jokinen swipes at the puck twice but can't hit the goalmouth. From the ensuing mayhem, Jagr takes a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad