World Cup: Aug 30 GDT - Czech Republic vs. Finland (0-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joolzie

Sep 24, 2003
Michigan
www.lolabug.com
Czech press is reporting T. Kaberle, Hamrlik, Cajanek, Prospal and Vlasak as scratches, leaving the lineup to be something like this:

Vokoun - Å légr, Å koula, Malík, Å paček, Židlický, Fischer - Hejduk, Reichel, Ručinský - Jágr, Výborný, Straka - Sýkora, Vašíček, Eliáš - Dvořák, Dopita, Havlát.

Not awake enough to try to determine why Hamrlik and Tomas are sitting.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
joolzie said:
Czech press is reporting T. Kaberle, Hamrlik, Cajanek, Prospal and Vlasak as scratches, leaving the lineup to be something like this:

Vokoun - Å légr, Å koula, Malík, Å paček, Židlický, Fischer - Hejduk, Reichel, Ručinský - Jágr, Výborný, Straka - Sýkora, Vašíček, Eliáš - Dvořák, Dopita, Havlát.

Not awake enough to try to determine why Hamrlik and Tomas are sitting.

Thank you joolzie. You have a couple more hours to get fully awake before game time :D

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Would change:

Berg>Väänänen
Niinimaa>Pitkänen
Koivu>Hahl
Hagman>Nemo

And i fear we are going to lose this game 3-1.

Vic Rattlehead*

hmmm, Berg playing instead of Vanaanen? Big mistake Finland. 3-1 Czech Republic. Woo hoo, This is the only 1:00 game of the week I can watch (I begin school tomorrow :banghead: :banghead: )

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
It's hard to predict anything especially when these 2 teams step onto the ice, but still, I predict a 4-0 Czech Republic win.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
wilka91 said:
It's hard to predict anything especially when these 2 teams step onto the ice, but still, I predict a 4-0 Czech Republic win.

I am going with the Czechs here too, but I expect a bit more scoring, 5 to 3 Czech.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
I expect Ruutu and Jokinen and the Fins to give the Czechs some hard times today.

Although I'm really really looking forward to Tuesdays games :)

If you want to have hard time on the ice, just ask Koivu and it's going on.

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
The ice is nice in the Hartwall arena...

"It has been 35-36 years when man walked on the moon. And they cant even get good ice in here. That ice is a catastrophy." "This is good for Ice Speedway." Ville Nieminen, Iltalehti Urheilu 30.8.04

I hope the game doesn't get boring because of this.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Czech lineup :

GOALIE
Vokoun

DEFENSEMEN
Å paček, Malík, Židlický, Fischer, Å légr, Å koula

FORWARDS
Jágr, Výborný, Straka
Hejduk, Reichel, Ručinský
Sýkora, Vašíček, Eliáš
Dvořák, Dopita, Havlát

SCRATCHES
Prospal, Cajanek, Hamrlik, Kaberle, Vlasak

Last edited:

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
19bruins19 said:
hmmm, Berg playing instead of Vanaanen? Big mistake Finland. 3-1 Czech Republic. Woo hoo, This is the only 1:00 game of the week I can watch (I begin school tomorrow :banghead: :banghead: )
Just tell your teacher that its like a cultural event, and that it would be educational to watch people from two different countries, go to war on ice. If that doesnt work. Dont go. Luckily I dont start school till the 7th.

Arne

Aug 30, 2004
Kotka, Finland
Berg is a big guy but he just ****s up everything. He's not fast enough and takes penalties. and Where the hell is Pirjetä? Injured? I think he should have replaced Pirnes.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
wilka91 said:

Brave prediction! It's going to be a tough game. It can go either way. 4-3 Finland.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
I think the Czechs will win this quite comfortably. 3-0, after goals by Elias, Sykora and Fischer. Voukon will be flawless in goal.

Can't understand why Kaberle and Hamrlik are sitting though, in my eyes they are, togehter with Kubina, their best 3 defensemen. Now none of them are here, but a still think the defense is quite good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->