GDT: World Championships

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Ovechkin the only Capitals player who was waited for by a national team, Sweden and US rosters already full.

For laughs, Ben Bishop is an absolute wreck for the US. He's terrible. Yzerman loses again.

Acallabeth

Heart ablaze
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Just when I thought nothing could be worse than the Caps losing Game7 0-5 and FCLM losing to CSKA 1-4 at the same day... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Russia loses 3-8 to USA. Ovechkin 1g + 1a. I thought he was Russia's best player.

Onward to USA bandwagon now I guess.

InfernalDark*

Glad this **** is over in Helsinki, I want my cheap beer back :cry:

Don't really care who wins this tournament, as long as its not Finland.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If this was a major International tourney where ALL of the best players are playing it would be one thing. This is a tourney where playoff losers go lick their wounds. I take no offense to people who value this thing, but I certainly don't think it matters all that much in the grand scheme of International play.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Heavy handed for the win....I wasn't debating thread worthiness, but the tourney itself.

For reference (for ALL; the post I quoted is just an example), from the site rules:

16) Playing the Role of Moderator: You're not a moderator so don't correct posters as if you were a moderator. If a thread or post violates the rules, use the "Report This Post" button rather than playing the parent. Editorial comments on the value of a thread or post, such as "useless thread", "in before the lock", "this thread should be closed", etc., are not welcome. This also may be considered spam, as it adds nothing to the discussion, and furthermore as thread hijacking and taking the thread off topic. If you don't like a thread and it doesn't break any rules don't reply to it! More often than not, that causes more problems than it fixes. Let us handle what is ours to handle. If you're interested in becoming a moderator you can send your application to [email protected].

17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.

My mailbox is open. Any further public discussion of moderator decisions (by me or any other moderator), in any thread, will be flagged.

Liberati0n*

eeee.jpg

Any updates on the severity of the Marc Stall injury?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->