World Championship 2016

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Wow, really showing his ignorance, but this time at a hysterical funny level. Although I agree that our A team is much closer to the big nations, the little differences will make an even bigger impact. And Lets not forget why World Cup was introduced once more: players in North America are not released for play in the olympics.

The NHL has not officially decided not to release players for the Olympics. I imagine they'll wait until after the World Cup, if it's a financial success, I doubt they'll release them. :shakehead

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
Wow, really showing his ignorance, but this time at a hysterical funny level. .
Well people tend to forget that Bøjgaard is in there with also economic and comercial ends. It's a part of his job to spur entusiasm among fans - and not only die hard hockey nerds. I remember back in the late nineties Jan Mølby was hired as an expert commentator on the national soccer team. He was so negative (realistic) that people hated him. One year later sort of a volte face: Mølby was much more positive (though not like Flemming Toft) even though the standard had not gone up. Some producers might have said a word or two...

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Well people tend to forget that Bøjgaard is in there with also economic and comercial ends. It's a part of his job to spur entusiasm among fans - and not only die hard hockey nerds. I remember back in the late nineties Jan Mølby was hired as an expert commentator on the national soccer team. He was so negative (realistic) that people hated him. One year later sort of a volte face: Mølby was much more positive (though not like Flemming Toft) even though the standard had not gone up. Some producers might have said a word or two...

Oh this is such a bingo. It's not even funny.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
And then the same optimism comes back to bite us when we then believe that we should walk on water....Which is why Morten Olsen was hated during large parts of his coaching career for the national football team, because people believe we should qualify for all major tournament even though our team sucked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad