World Championship 2016

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
http://wmia2016.iihf.com/en/news/aut-slo/

I can only read that as no more than one team from Denmark's group relegated. And if either Germany or France finish last, the 7th placed team in their group will be relegated. If Germany and France finish 7 and 8, then no team from their group will be relegated and still only one team from Denmark's group. Of course the IIHF could go handball style and change the rules 8 times before the end of the tournament. :)

It says:

"Italy will finish in second place and will have the chance to get promoted as well if there will be two relegated teams from the top division, which will be the case as long as next year’s co-hosts Germany and France won’t finish in the bottom two places of their preliminary-round group of the upcoming 2016 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Moscow and St. Petersburg."

The way I read it there's only one scenario where there's just one team going down. That's if France and Germany are #7 AND #8.

I haven't seen any where that there will only be one relegated if just one of France or Germany are #8 in their group. In that case it's the two teams with the fewest points - regardless of which group they are in. I think.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Eller and his high-sticks were so frustrating to watch. The first one looked accidental, but the last two were stupid as hell, no need for him to take his stick of the ice in those situations. Doesn't help that he didn't play a good game overall either. Hopefully it is just some rust that he'll lose, but I expect more from an NHL'er in this company. It's always great to beat Norway, but the 3rd period didn't need to be as nerve-wrecking as it was. We showed some good promise today from all lines I think, but we can't keep spending so much time in BP, especially not from stupid mistakes from veterans like Green and Eller.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
Yeah, Eller need to keep his stick on the ice!

Dahm saved his ass.

But I will say, that our NHL line was dominating Norway in many shifts. Only one goal from their line, but they will by sure score more. You can just see the difference in their possesion game and their strenght and puck-handling.

We are not without chances against a relatively weak swedish team, but we need to stay out of the box!

Even Dahm can not save us if we get that amount of penalties.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
I think the matches so far in the group has showed that none of the four big teams are untouchable. Of course Latvia and Kazakhstan also look good, but this is not an impossible year to get to the quarterfinals. A win against Switzerland and possibly some points against Sweden, the Czechs and Russia are not out of the picture at the moment.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So 16 minutes of penalties from the Danish team (and another high-sticking giving 2+2 min) and having the Swedes scored 4 PP goals.
This simply has to stop, if we are to avoid relegation.
Behind 2-1 we still had a good chance for getting a goal and perhaps a point, then 5-3 for almost 2 min followed by 4 min 5-4.
That could kill almost any team meeting an opponent that can play PP.
We could say we trained the Swedes for the rest of the tournament, since they had troubles in that regard against Latvia.
We also totally lost confidence in our PK and "cooled" Sebastian Dahm.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
It's a real shame that we have so much trouble staying out of the box, because we were not far behind the swedes when playing 5 on 5. Karlsson needs to address this for the coming games. We can beat Swtizerland tomorrow, but not if we have to spend half the game on the penalty kill.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
I really don't like this 3-line tactic by Karlsson. Has the 4th line been any worse or more hemmed in in the defensive zone than the 3rd line? Not as far as I can tell... Also worth considering that Denmark has the most compressed schedule with their first group game on day 2 and their last group game on the second last day of the group stage.

I whole-heartedly agree with Dahm as the clear no 1 goalie, but why not rest him once the game is out of reach? I would have pulled him after Sweden's 4th goal on Sunday.

I doubt we'll see JB Jensen again this tournament. I hope we can still get Matias Lassen flown in to take his roster spot.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
I really don't like this 3-line tactic by Karlsson. Has the 4th line been any worse or more hemmed in in the defensive zone than the 3rd line? Not as far as I can tell... Also worth considering that Denmark has the most compressed schedule with their first group game on day 2 and their last group game on the second last day of the group stage.

I whole-heartedly agree with Dahm as the clear no 1 goalie, but why not rest him once the game is out of reach? I would have pulled him after Sweden's 4th goal on Sunday.

I doubt we'll see JB Jensen again this tournament. I hope we can still get Matias Lassen flown in to take his roster spot.

After Franzies no and Oliver success Karlsson registred From and Aagard, so there will be no Matias Lassen.

Jesper B. Jensen got a concussion. Grave considering his history. He's officially out of the tournament.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Feel so bad for Jensen...he has gone through such an impressive improvement...hopes this doesn't endanger his career.

I agree with Andersen that I really don't get why the coach don't spread things out more...the 4th line has been quite good..

And we could try to spice things up with a little From Aagaard...:naughty:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So the big question is do we put all our eggs in one basket or do we spread them out? One time before it utterly failed to max out our NHL players in a first line.

From what we have seen so far I really hope I'm not right that maxing the first line will end in fiasco.
Latvia game tomorrow will probably decide that question.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
I'm glad to see that Nicklas Jensen is doing so well for this far. Confidence can work miracles I guess.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Nicklas Jensen has simply been as good as we could have hoped for. To me he has been the best forward on the team.
I hope he can take it with him into the Rangers camp.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nicklas Jensen has simply been as good as we could have hoped for. To me he has been the best forward on the team.
I hope he can take it with him into the Rangers camp.

You are definitely not the only one to think that (I do as well).
Top three players on the Danish team.
Sebastian Dahm
Daniel Nielsen
Nicklas Jensen

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
except for that horrible Russia game, I am really really proud of our boys. I chose the same three stars for Denmark.

Dahm, boy oh boy he deserves a stint in a better, bigger league.

Daniel Nielsen, I can do without his blue line slappers, when he is such a beast defensively. The old man did it again!

Nicklas Jensen has baffled me, did not like his career so far at all, but this wc has given me hope. he is a possession MONSTER! has a great shot and fights his ass off. keep that up and you my boy will be NHL bound once again.

Ehlers gets a little shout out aswell, aside from a few kiddy mistakes, he was better than alot of players on the big teams. kid is a monster with the puck. as mentioned made a few too many kiddy mistakes to be top 3.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I will be back to give a player by player grade because the lads deserve this so much...record amount of wine so and points...terrific performance that might have been do everything with 3 1/2 NHL'er but with very important absentees from out euro based players too.

Can't argue with the top 3 but went with dahm, Oliver lauridsen and Jensen..

Little brother Markus is becoming such a beast as well...

This is the best season ever for danish ice hockey on all parameters...whether you base it on success for Europe based pæayers or nhl players and in national teams..both youth and senior...

Amazing year for the federation and to janne

kenito

May 5, 2006
Aalborg
Any news on when they start traning camp for the Olympic Qualifiers? Any exhibition matches scheduled?

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Well that tournament surely ended on a high note! Great, great, great world championship.

Now every eyes will be om the qualification in September. BTW Poland beat out Hungary in a shoutout for the last spot in our group. We play Belarus first, Slovenia second and Poland at the end.

kenito

May 5, 2006
Aalborg
I talked to Lars Fink (tv2) and He said that Denmark have an exhibition match schelduled for 30/8 against Latvia and believes that Denmark will play at least one game before that in Denmark. Would be nice for the Danish hockeyfans to see the Danish national team at its strongest.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Jimmy Bøjgaard goes off the deep end :laugh:

Denmark could be in top 4 at the 2018 Olympics

Wow, really showing his ignorance, but this time at a hysterical funny level. Although I agree that our A team is much closer to the big nations, the little differences will make an even bigger impact. And Lets not forget why World Cup was introduced once more: players in North America are not released for play in the olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->