Worcester Fans Pick Their Road Trips Wisely

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
My wife & I wrapped up a three-city ECHL road trip in Florida on Thursday night. Our last stop was in Orlando, where we took in the first of a three-game set of Railers @ Solar Bears games. I skipped my OSB jersey & wore my Railers long-sleeve T instead, figuring the visitors could use some support in the Amway Center crowd. But we saw a few other couples & at least one small group of Worcester fans in attendance to cheer them on. It probably didn't take long for them to book travel once the season schedule was published with a mid-Feb road swing through Central Florida. ;)

I just hope the visitors have something more to cheer about during Game #s 2 & 3, after Thursday night 4-2 opening defeat. Kinda puts a damper on all that warm sunshine & Mickey Magic.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I didn't see any families w/ kids in Railers gear at the Thursday night game, just couples & small to medium size groups of adults. Maybe hockey & Disney draw from separate demographics. I certainly can't imagine many 8 year-olds willingly choosing pucks over Pluto.

Woo Hockey

@WooHockeyNews
Jul 5, 2014
Worcester, MA
woo.hockey
I didn't see any families w/ kids in Railers gear at the Thursday night game, just couples & small to medium size groups of adults. Maybe hockey & Disney draw from separate demographics. I certainly can't imagine many 8 year-olds willingly choosing pucks over Pluto.

I know there were a few groups from Worcester that made the trip and visited Disney by day and went to the games at night.

They were mentioning on the radio broadcast that some of the player's families made the trip. A player's brother even signed a contract for the games being played down there and played in two of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad