Wong on SXM

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I listen to SXM NHL all day long, I don't know how I tapped out today prior to hearing this. They even teased it for an hour or two.

He does sound like a great guy, hopefully he shines in the next few games and picks up a contract.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I heard Wong on the replay.

Sounds like a humble but motivated and skilled player.

Hopefully, his game will overcome any size challenges (5'9", 175 lbs).

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
http://globalnews.ca/news/3423977/l...yler-wong-leaves-massive-legacy-in-community/

Nothing but class from this kid, definitely one of those players you can't help but route for.

It truly was a hero’s send-off for one of the most beloved Hurricanes of all time. Wong played over 300 games for the team, and finished with 298 points. He’s helped elevate the franchise from a bottom feeder to a championship contender, all while making inroads in the community.

“It’s as much about what he’s done as a player here and where he’s got the organization to as what he’s done in the community,†Hurricanes Head Coach Brent Kisio said. “He’s helped change the organization’s future, but I think he’s changed the way we’re looked upon in the community just as much.â€

On the ice, Wong was an elite WHL talent; off it, he was a fixture in the community. The Cochrane, Alta. native could be seen going to local events, and spending time with young athletes in his free time. He enjoyed being around kids, and took the time to help instruct minor hockey teams. He also started KidSport initiative that raised over $13,000 this year.

“Even though hockey is very important, there’s some other things besides hockey,†Lethbridge/Taber KidSport Chair Malcom Kano said. “I think he’s showing that, by saying, ‘hey I want to give back to other kids so they canhave the same opportunity that I had.’â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->